want to buy a guitar @ 20,000...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by D_minor7, Jun 20, 2008.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Stranger cube 20 if you are going to use a processor...

2. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

ur 20k lep paul will sound like a joke through a stranger ...you il probably regret buyin the guitar ..

3. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

@ pacifist and ambush

dudes....where am i putting a squier in the mix?...i am talking about a mexican stratocaster...maple fret...3 single coils...i play rock and blues...no trash metal or anything....i am just worried that the lespaul might not sound very good clean....and as far as the amp goes....please no strangers....i have a ns 30 e and i know how crappy it sounds.....i was going for a mg 15cdr....@ 5k...when somebody here said that there is no point buying it anyway....

4. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

im sorry i meant to write mexican strat only. as u know they are quite different guitars.

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The amp/preamp is more important to your tone than the guitar. So if you want tone you should invest in atleast a Vox..but if you have the budget do for a Laney LC15 which i think is the only tube amp available in india..

6. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

you can buy an amt pedal and put it infront of your ME50 and run it to the stranger..

You should know that the ME 50 lacks amp modelling; thats very important. You cant run it straight to the mixing board or any flat voiced amp like the stranger.
    But any processor with amp modeling would have sounded good thru the Stranger.

7. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

@ ambush
    thats sounds like a nice idea man.not having amp mpdelling sucks!..do tell me what amt pedal and where to get it from in mumbai/pune?....or i could buy one of those line 6 amp modellers...pocket pod's...my gear is coming to be more or less final now...i will buy the strat probably if someone cant get me an epiphone ultra II from abroad...and an amp modeller

8. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

9. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

didnt get you..

dude...i did not understand...i already have a ME-50, the only point where it lacks in tone is that it does not have a amp simulator/modeller...what good will a fatal tube do...or the tech21 sansamp if i want clean sounds with it...can i use it along with the ME-50....maybe i am missing a point here...

10. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

you are getting bad tones with your ME because you are not using it correctly...the correct way is to run it to a real guitar amp. The guitar amp is not not like regular amp; they have a different frequency response curve and also cut out some of the high end harmonics.

you were basically using the distortion effect of your ME to a regular flat voiced amp i.e the stranger. hence the bad tone.

The amp modelling in a Proc emulates the frequency response and tonal characteristics of real guitar amps..Since your ME doesn't have an amp modelling i was suggesting you add an external amp modeller like the AMT to your effect chain..

I am uploading a sound clip played thru my BOSS GT6..
    The first part is without amp modeling (just distortion) and the second part is with amp modeling.....
    Probably you are getting tone similar to the first one with your current setup
    https://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=539236&songID=6717469

PS: You can get clean tones by reducing the gain.

11. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

ufffff bang on man....i used to use a givson gs 1000, the ME-50 and the ns 30...never even got close to the tone of the first part...amp modelling here i come...sansamp it is....but maybe i will save up for a line 6 x3 live...

12. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Do you mean the second part??

13. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

sell the ME and save up for a pod...thats a good option..