want to buy a guitar @ 20,000...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by D_minor7, Jun 20, 2008.

1. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

hi everybody,
    i am looking to buy an electric guitar and my budget is around 20 k....i am based in pune....but can travel to mumbai for the same...i want a versatile one to be able to play rock, blues.etc...
    kinda unsure about esp and ibanez....wanted an epiphone lespaul..but they are not available in india as yet...have zeroed in on the line 6 spider3 15 watt as the amp, i already have a boss me-50....what do u guys say?...need ur advice on what to buy and where to buy from?

2. SqueakM9

SqueakM9 mumble

get a les paul if you can import one,
    try like music123.com or something like that failing that,
    im happy to bring one (well another) over when i come later in the year.
    i'll even pst one if you want,
    or ask petunia as the states are slightly closer than NZ
    cheers

3. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

ya man getting a lespaul would be like a dream...but indian customs charges are a hell of a lot......most of the websites dont ship to india and even if they do i will have to shell out tons for the customs duty....the only option is to have somebody get one if they are coming from abroad....but i kinda dont have such a saviour....pm me ur email id plz....i recently looked at some mexican strats....maple fret...bridge humbuckers...but they cost a bomb at 32k INR.....do u think it would be a good idea to invsest in one...in a fix as always...

4. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

Get the les paul if u can otherwise buy Ibanez and i wont recommend u esp b'coz they r not dat versatile...gud luck

5. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

can i import a lespaul somehow?...what if somebody fedexes me the lespaul?...will that work?...what about indian customs?

6. xavier_r

xavier_r New Member

7. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

I could sell you my Washburn fitted with seymour duncan pickups (SH1n/SH4-JB combo). Search for this combo and see if its fits your playing needs.....the price would be quite lower than your budget.

8. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

no dude...i am now hell bent on getting a lespaul...somehow....

9. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

You can get epiphone les pauls thru bajaao.com
    or you can get a Greg Bennet AV6 apparently its made by the same company that makes epiphone....
    https://www.bajaao.com/epiphone-les-paul-special-ii-electric-guitar-p-4035.html?manufacturers_id=64
    and
    https://www.bajaao.com/greg-bennett....html?osCsid=c9d4d65f78a501f5cf1b0bf8d8e36c87
    and why did you zero in on the Line6 spider..they are supposed to be the worst amp ever.....you can search ultimate-guitar.com forums if you want opinions on the spider..

10. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

hey...i changed my mind on the line 6 amp..getting a marshall MG-15CDR....and i dont trust bajaoo man....want to get a high end lespaul....ultra-II or custom....bajaoo wont be able to get me those

11. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Ok but the MG is supposed to be an even worse amp...you should check out the laney amps..

12. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

@ambush

ya i guess you are right..but then tell me the right amp and where should i buy it from?....dont ask me to get the amp from abroad too...lol...

13. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

decent guitar great amp always pawns decent amp great guitar

14. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

i dont use amp(i use PAs) so dont really know...

15. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

high end les paul for 20k?
    sounds like a dream
    as far as i've heard they cost a lot more on dat
    check out da furtados catalogue in da sticky thread
    dat should help u a bit

16. thepacifist2013

Agree with prit-undead, unless you find a used lower-end like the SG faded or dot models.
    Btw, you should decide on the kind of music ur gonna play. If ur into thrash metal, u'll be quite disappointed even with a high-end Les Paul. There are plenty of other good brands available also. If you do want to get a budget Les Paul, go for an epiphone.

A good amp avaiable in India is the Vox Valvetronix. Your local guitar dealer might say its a tube amp, but it isnt. Its a tube-hybrid. But in any case, it sounds really good. It doesnt have those funny kinda sounds offered by most multi-effects, but whatever it has is quite useful.

17. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

budget increase....can spend about 30k

yes an epi lespaul within 20K is but a dream....and i dont want to buy the LP 100 saw it at musicians mall....didnt like it....so now i have three options.
    1) get a lespaul from abroad...an epi ultra II or custom....beg people to bring it along with them

2) get that mexican strat from musicians mall,mumbai.....32 k...maple fret feels nice...or

3) get a second hand gibson SG ...someone in delhi is giving it for 30 k...

will deceide on the amp later....i will have to do with "strange sounds of stranger".....for now ..have a NS30E....its not that good..but will have to do

What say?

18. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

its too expensive...

Man the vox is too expensive...suggest something cheaper within 8k...and where to get it from

19. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

@D_minor: wot kind of music do u want 2 play?
    mexican strat would be a good buy i feel

20. thepacifist2013

If I could swing the cash, I'd grab it!! :)
    But seriously man, I don't know where you are going with your guitar selection. How can you keep within your options, a les paul and a squier bith at the same time?? They are COMPLETELY different guitars, and will sound absolutely different through the same amp/pedals. The pups are different, the body is different, playability is different, there's nothing same between them except they are both guitars.

If you could let us know, what kind of tone you're after, we could suggest some gear for you.

In less than 8k, you should be looking at pedals and not amps, unless you want to play through a stranger. I'm not against the stranger, I just feel that your guitar and your amp should be suitable for each other. No point in buying a 20k guitar and trying it through the lowest end amp in the market, and vice versa. Pedals can be had from anywhere.
    I'll be a bit dicky here. Buy my Zoom, buy my guitar and buy my duncans. I'll sell everything to you quite close to your original budget of 20k :)

Its amazing what a decent set of pickups can do to your sound. I can absolutely nail slash's and paige's tone with my Washburn hotrodded with duncans(both clean and distorted). The bridge pickup dishes out the sweeteest "chug chug" Metallica tone. I haven't tried but I'm sure I could get some more of those vintage tones with my gear.

best of luck with your "trysts with tone"!! :)