Want to buy a graphic card!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Devilshly_Pur$, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Hey guys,

i want to buy a graphic card and my budget is 3k... so please tell me a good graphic card with 3k budget... thanks..

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  2. nebody?...

3. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

i don think u'll get anything GOOD for 3k.. the most basic one.. Nvidia Gforce 5200 will cost u 2200 bucks.. Its a 8x AGP card.. Next will be Gforce 6100 which will cost mostly 3500.. So options limited dude.. nowadays motherboards come with nvidia 6100 chipset onboard..

4. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

btw ur motherboard has a PCI slot or AGP??

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Why dont you tell us what you are expecting from the card, as in what games/applications you hope to run?

6. cronix

cronix New Member

do u have a pci or a agp slot in ur motherboard.....

either ways i would suggest geforce fx 6200 with 256 mb of memory. you might also look for the new 7 series like 7200. But the wise decision should be to wait since windows vista is launching in early 2007 and with it will come cards that support directx 10. so dont buy it now or ur card will feel obsolete in just four months.

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

^I doubt whether people will be able to actually upgrade to Vista, what with its supposedly montrous system requirements.

8. thanks guys.. for replying.. well i have a AGP slot in my motherboard..

9. i need price information... nebody?

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  10. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

^
    ur budget is 3k..... so go fore gforce 5200.... it costs 2.5k.... or go for nvidia...

11. ^ gforce 5200.. but its only with 128 ram and 8x agp..

12. Sheerig

Sheerig New Member

but wat to do... increase ur budget and go for the latest..in my view.. u r byin the card for resolution... so go for the latest..don waste money in outdted cards... the latest is Gforce 6600.. cost 6K,n above.... or atleat go for 4k budget u may good one..

13. ^ ok done budget increased. 4k.. now..

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

What is your PC config?
    What kinda games do you play?
    What games do you want to play?

and if possible increase the budget a little more and purchase a PS2.

15. My PC configutartion

Pentium 4 Processor 1.7 Ghz
    RAM: 512
    On Board Graphic Card with shared memory upto 68mb
    HD: 80 GB
    CD ROM: 52x

Games i Want to play

Battlefield 2
    Doom
    NFS Underground
    Counter Strike Source
    and some simulator one..

16. dareprasad

dareprasad New Member

dude.. also check ATI cards.. they r a bit cheap.. and don worry man.. a 256 mb card will be enough to play any game.. atleast at lower resolution.. PLZ don buy Gforce 5200.. its crap.. i had one before..

17. ^ buddy i want a graphic card with good resolution.. and with medium graphic detail seleted.. not high fi.. so u suggest ATI? which one..

18. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

You'll get the ATI Raedon 9200 for 4.4k approx.
    Its a decent card for your machine.

Just also ask about nVidia GeForce 6600 and 6300. Im not sure about the prices but one of them is available in your budget

Devilshly_Pur$ likes this.
  19. ^ thanks wizzy.. which one is the best.. u think

20. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Arre 6600 is above 6K.And I'm not sure about the 6300 specs, just look it up on some tech site.A regular 6200 256MB(non Turbo Cache) comes within 4K, that should be a good card, much better than the 9200.

Devilshly_Pur$ likes this.