Want to buy a Fender...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sDEVs, Dec 14, 2006.

1. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Hey guys,

I m planning to buy a Fender from Fertados or Bhargavas, but actually I am confused with all the names & pricelists!
    I have never visited any of these stores earlier & got the pricelist also online... So will anyone please help me.

My budget: 25,000/-:cool:

My Requirements::cool:
    1. Electric Guitar (mostly Fender)
    2. Amplifier
    3. WW Pedal

According to my budget the following guitars are suitable for me::cool:
    (based upon the Post by Saurabh)

1. Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass chi. 15000/-
    2.Fender Sq Showmaster NLT BKM 322700565 11475/-
    3. Fender Sq SE Affinity Strat 11200/-

Plz suggest me what I should do. I have been playing Acoustics since 1999, but I have no or very less knowledge bout Electrics...

So, plz help:help:

2. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Why don't you go to the store, tell the sales rep to show you all the Fender guitars they have available, play them yourself and decide? After all, the guitar should sound good to you.

3. sDEVs

sDEVs Inventor

Thats the Final Last Resort Man...
    I am going to the store on 22nd Dec...
    But thought Ill get a advice bout whats good & whats not....

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

That should be your first resort after you shortlist. Or before; but either way only you can decide that the sound is good.

5. yazi

yazi Banned

Ya dude, check them out hands on. Don't think there's any shame in it. After all its ur money(Assumed). Play it n no. of times. Listen for the tone and blah-blah. Though for ur budget, don't go for the Squiers.

And check for prices in Delhi as well. And don't forget www.bajaao.com

6. sandylawyer

sandylawyer New Member

why do u want to buy a fender guitar. I feel Ibanez guitars are the most vesatile guitars..you can play all different styles right from blues to heavy metal. And if u r really keen on buying a fender i wud suggest you to buy an American made guitar. you will be paying a huge amount only for the brand name if you go for Indonesian, korean or chinese models. None of these sounds like a fender.

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

yea...why only fender? They arent the greatest guitar company or something....you should look at the Ibanez RG321 , ESP 100s ....i played a 29,000 fender my friend bought from abroad 2 days back....and i dunno....i dont think it was worth the money concidering the other awesome guitars in that price range...as for amps check out the laneys and marshalls...marshalls are pretty expensive...whereas laneys are awesome!! ....and as for wah wah...if ur looking for a budget wah...the Behringer is pretty cool....or the Dunlop one is good if ur willing to pay...

8. yazi

yazi Banned

(Sighs) Yes, Fenders are not the price for money if you go for one made in someplace other than America. But, the Stratocasters are, without a hint of doubt, the most versatile guitars around. I believe that a 11k Ibanez can never match up to a 11k Squier even. Still, both are crap. Yet, for 15k, go for an Ibanez.

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

try as hard as you can to get a RG321 for 15k...ull never regret it

10. yazi

yazi Banned

OK, get a vintage '62 strat and compare it with any godd@mn Ibanez. Lets see, which plays better!

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

..dunno..cus ive never played any high end guitars other than about 6 esps and 4 gibsons

12. yazi

yazi Banned

There you go! I believe each guitar should be classed by the price range. In lower segment, I think Ibanez is good. But If Vintage, then Fender.

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

and you forogot to mention personal preference...cus if i like a 100$ strat kock off instead of the real deal....doesnt mean im crazy...

14. yazi

yazi Banned

heh heh, you got me there

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

not exactly...im just confirming if im crazy or not cus i prefer my cheap ass fender copy to my friends American Strat....

16. yazi

yazi Banned

Buddy, did u know I bought this Fender Squier California Strat instead of an Ibanez!

17. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

You also forgot to mention vintage Ibanez is virtually non-existent :p:

18. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

Do you want a guitar or a bass? If you want a guitar, why are you considering a P Bass? Thats a bass guitar. Also, forget Fender if your budget is 25K. You will not get a Fender in India for 25K. Look elsewhere, depending on the type of music you want to play. If you play metal, look at Ibanez, Kramer , Jackson etc. If others, look for other styles. Also, do you have processor pedals? One wah will not suffice for you. If you want a fender squier, go for the best one, should cost about 13K, add another 4.5 K for a decent amp and get a multi effect processor for another 8K. Should serve you well for the next 2-3 years atleast.

19. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

huh?
    *faints*

20. yazi

yazi Banned

HUUUUH?

*Faints and closes window*