Want to buy a beginner acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by trackadi, Apr 7, 2011.

1. trackadi

trackadi New Member

Hello everyone.I m from chennai.Am a beginner with guitars.I want to buy a beginner acoustic guitar.My budget is max 7000(only for the guitar and i'll add 2000 more for the accessories).
    I went to saptswara musicals,laxman shruthi and yamaha music square.but i am not able to decide which guitar to buy.
    As per the reviews on the internet i am thinking to buy a "YAMAHA F-310"...every shop has the same price tag of 6900...
    also in saptswara i saw some "PLUTO" and "GB&A" guitars in the range of 3500 to 4000...im confused wheather to go for yamaha or a cheaper one like pluto...
    also can i bargain on the yamaha price tag???
    what is the reputation of saptswara musicals in terms of genuiness of their products and their prices???
    All your suggestions are welcome...Please help...
    Thanks in advance

2. rwaghmare

rwaghmare New Member

Hello i m rahoul from pune a small time classical guitar builder.
    pls tell me the specifications of the guitar .
    i can make a custom made guitar u want.
    is the guitar ur planning to buy made of solid wood???
    i make guitar of solid rosewood back and side and imported spruce
    instead of buying cheap imported guitars why dont u go for desi guitar
    if ur interested pls mail me
    aqualibguitars@yahoo.com

3. varunmm4

varunmm4 New Member

yamaha is perfect for you. pick it up.

Super-Admin likes this.
  4. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Yamaha F310... Peace.

Super-Admin likes this.
  5. hiflier79

hiflier79 New Member

hi....i got my gear from saptaswara musicals...people there are quite nice and helpful....in fact i got my gear cheaper than what bajaao has listed....u can definitely buy from them...

6. Pravas

Pravas New Member

Go for Yamaha F310, you wont be disappointed.
    When I got my Yamaha Acoustic (F210). I had its action little bit high, didn't knew about it for a year or so. But once I realized I got it fixed, it's very smooth to run fingers.
    Moreover it's a jumbo size guitar and not everyone would agree with the sound but it has got a great built.

Super-Admin likes this.
  7. deepanvishal

deepanvishal New Member

hey da...... as u r a beginer i wont suggest u for higher end guitars.... go for pluto and gb&a jd brothers.......these guitars are gud and economical....they cost around 5k max......yamaha and ibanez cost around 7 to 8 k.....the only thing u need to keep in mind is ,u need to check the guitar b4 buying....check each and every fret by playin them....if sound tone is clean go for it......if some buzzing sound comes dun choose it.....check if the fretboard is straight......and check the bridge action height too.....go for a jumbo guitar alwaz...they sound gud and clean.....

all d best dude!!!!

Super-Admin likes this.
  8. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

Acoustic guitar

Go for either Yamaha F310 or for Pluto guitars ... Both are superb in quality and the price will be well within your budget ... Have fun :)

Super-Admin likes this.
  9. den

den New Member

I play the pluto 41C (3800) and I love the sound..bt let me warn you, that has a high action, and it cannot be reduced..no matter whoever says what..
    and Yamaha is awesome..
    pluto is a little challenging to play barre chords nd stuff..so if u master that on a pluto(although it WILL be harder to play in a pluto), playing on any other guitars will be a piece of cake
    so if u want to be very good, and a little bored: PLUTO
    and if u want to be good, but have LOTs of fun: Yamaha

and you dont need 2000 for accessories..acoustic guitars are 'pick up and play' you can get a tuner for rs. 200, bt i suggest to tune using your ears..that way u will get better faster..

Super-Admin likes this.
  10. den

den New Member

oh and i totally back whatevr deepanvishal said
    And all the best with your new guitar..

11. marooned

marooned New Member

since you have 7k.. makes more sense to go for the yamaha..

Super-Admin likes this.