Want recommendations for guitar+amp under Rs.30,000

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ayu135, Oct 28, 2011.

1. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Hello guys i think i have shortlisted my final five for guitar, and final three for amps. The guitars are Greg Bennett Avion AV6, Epiphone SG g-400, Ibanez Rg370dxz, Ibanez S570, Schecter Omen Extreme 6FR. I know i have grossly overshot my budget but someone extremely more knowledgeable than me told me that given that i am serious about guitar playing i will outgrow the guitar in a year or two and will ultimately buy one of these ones so why waste money buying that additional cheap guitar in between. So you all free to recommend any other guitar in my new revised budget that i might have overlooked. And another query do guitar stores in mumbai actually have these guitars in stock or will i have to order them or something? I dont want to come all the way to mumbai and go back empty handed.
    The amps are Peavey Vypyr 30, Laney cub10, and if i can find one Vox AD30VT.

2. Vader

Vader New Member

Good for you :)

3. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Go for the Cub 10, or Cub 12, they are fantastic amplifiers, I am using one for the past 1 year, and it sounds kickass.

Here is a recording i did with it, user vox satchurator pedal on this, hope it helps.
    Purple Haze Jimi Hendrix Cover (Metal) - YouTube

Not sure about the guitar though, I wouldn't recommend one, but would say try out the ones you have shortlisted and see which ones feels/sounds and plays well to you. That's Important.

Please do NOT go for the AD Series amps from VOX, they sound boxy. Vypyr amps are good, but i would still say play them all, and decide.

I would like to say one important thing here, DO NOT Underestimate the amplifier you are going to purchase, as in, do not ignore how important it is to buy a good amplifier (I am not saying anyone is doing, just to mention)

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

@Aryasridhar: What did you record that through?

5. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

ESP EX260, Bridge pickup (Seymour Duncan JB SH4) into Vox Satchurator into Laney Cub 10 - Mic'd, Recorded with Logic on my mac, added a little Reverb to the track later on.

6. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

I dont know i'll have to try, but i doubt cub10 would give me the sounds i am looking at, but lets hope a pedal or two will do the trick. I loved the ADVT series from vox tonally, but then absence of line in and some effects may be the decider for me. The vt series has gone downhill afterthat. The current VT+ lineup is crap with the hiss issues and other issues i'd steer way clear of them. The major concern for me is that will i get the guitars or they will tell me that they are not in stock because i have already booked train tickets for 30th december to mumbai....

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I want to know what mic and interface you used, which you conveniently left out haha.

8. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Borrowed a friend' M-Audio fast track and the mic i used was an SM57 (Not mine, again borrowed stuff), i have a Audio Technica AT2020 USB, but that isnt good for guitar amp micing. I will soon be getting a good mic and an interface