Want Chords For Goodbye My Lover James Blunt.

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by sugat, Jul 30, 2007.

1. sugat

sugat New Member

Hi Guys Anyone Send Me Chords For Goodbye My Lover By James Blunt ..... Plzzz

2. srakshit

srakshit New Member

I don't have the song playing or a guitar nearby, but it's a very simple I-vi-IV-V progression in E or F, with a short break section in vi. Very easy to pick up. In case you don't get it by tomorrow I'll put it up for you then.

3. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

4. srakshit

srakshit New Member

The song is in E, with a break section in C#m. It's played on piano so transcribing for guitar will not be very accurate, but this is the closest I could get it to sound.

The verse chords are

E C#m A E B - This is quick movement to B for one bar, and back to
    E C#m B/G# A - You can play the slash chord or a regular B, I just don't play the bass note so it sounds OK either way

Chorus is a little different

E C#m A E B
    E C#m G#m A B E

And for the break section,

C#m A B G#m
    C#m A B G#m

It's pretty easy to play too, if you play the E & C#m at 4th, A at 5th and B at 7th fret, using open chord shapes and open string bass. You only need a bar chord for C#m, which is pretty easy, and to fret the 7th string bass (can omit the note if difficult) with your thumb for the B. The song is in regular 4/4, so you can listen to the chord changes by just the bass notes, or you can change instinctively and it still sounds right.

All the best