Wanna Upgrade My Computer!!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by chintan9, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Cheapskate :mad: .......... :aggre:

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Chintan, I think Dennis has the best advice: Invest taht budget in your guitar gear.

Investing on computers should be the last thing. By Next year many things you put will be obsolete.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

exactly my point

4. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Anyways give me some contacts of dealers. I am desperate here!!

5. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Can i upgrade my memory??:eek::

6. chintan9

GUYS this is the quotation from my computer guy, what do you think???

1) AMD Athlon 3000(64bit) 939 pin- Rs 6275
    2) MSI K8NGM2 L(IL and FID are not available)- Rs 4450
    3) Kingston512 mb RAM 400MHZ- Rs 2500
    4) Leadtek Geforce 6200 128mb Graphics card(PCI Express)- Rs 3000
    5) Seagate 160GB(7200RPm)- Rs 3600

TOTAL- 19825

PS- The prices are including the 4% VAT.

7. Double Click

Double Click New Member

DO NOT BUY THE MSI!!:mad:!!

Buy an ASRock instead.

8. chintan9

Dude no offence but a lot of people say ASRock is second grade stuff coz it is a cheaper version of the ASUS motherboards(It is a branch of the ASUScompany). And since I cant afford the ASUS A8N VM CSM i had to settle for the MSI board.

At first i wanted to buy the ASrock 939 Dual Sata2 but no one seemed to have it. Do you know a dealer who has this motherboard?? Oh and dude can i have your mobile number??

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Well one thing about Asus is the reliability(dunno whether the ASRock line maintains that standard)..I myself have seen a friend's MSI C18G board causing lot of problems...

10. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

heyt chitan...

can see you are stil confused of your purschase ..that cofig seems fune and alo the price ...so you can go ahead and buy it ..

regardin the ASROCK boards ...they are the value for money dept of ASUS ..ie ...ASROCK is owned by asus but they make boards which have decents specs and most of all...much cheaper than the ASUS conterparts ..

its sorta like aahh....fender and squire .or gibson and epiphone ..
    so you will have no problem with an ASROCK board ...well..my ASOCK is 3 months old and till now its crashed of hungup on me even once ...so if you can get the asrock board ...buy it ..its worth

the MSI board you are buyin is good but i know a few people who are havin a lotta problems wit the ati-xpress chipset..but i think is ok..the board you ar gettin is fine ..go ahead with ur purchase

11. chintan9

Oh shit then I will look out for the ASUS motherboard. Dont wanna take any risks on this upgrade.
    How is the graphics card?? is it decent?? How is the XFX128 PCI -E card??

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

A 6200 128MB will be pretty good for the games you play..and you would also be able to play grafix intensive titles with the eye-candy turned off..
    And Leadtek ought to be better than XFX..though I dunno exact specs of the two..these manufacturers do not follow the reference design..
    One thing..check whether its definitely the non TurboCache version..DONT buy the TC version..