wanna know abt first basic step of guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by dipika, Feb 27, 2007.

1. dipika

dipika New Member

hi,
    i hav just bought new accoustic guitar, & i am in self learninjg process so want to know how to start with ????
    music has been my passion, i hav started persuing it by buying a guitar ...but need some help from ur side so ...it can be easy for me to start it in right way....
    waiting for ur response
    regards

2. vini

vini Repeat Offender

in my opinion-

If u have decided to learn from internet i.e, without guidance from a teacher then be prepared as it might prove challenging and u would need some patience apart from practice. (or if u can afford then attend classes for atleast a month so that ur bare fundamental/basics will get cleared)

the very first step is u should know(if not learn) all the notes which ur guitar's fret has then learning chord theory-learn all major and minor chords, their position and how a chord is formed and played. after that your next step should be learning scales(major and minor initially). by the time u know all this, u'd be knowledgeable enough to devise ur further learning plan or course. the things i have told u in a line or two seem to be small but they are comprehensive and exhaustive concepts which u have to clear...take help of google and igt and trust me you'll find all the topics which u need to learn.

and then i would again press upon the fact that join guitar classes for few weeks if u can and you'll realise later how helpful it will prove to be (it did in my case)...all the best :)

3. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

start by picking open strings..... up and down on each string ...... do this for sometime.... and try cromatics... theyll help ur fingers start moving.... they can be found in the lessons forum

4. sharath kumar

sharath kumar Guitarist