wanna get a really good Acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by aysh, May 3, 2009.

1. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

my budget is arnd 20k .. wanna buy a guitar with a great sound ..

need suggestions frm knowledgeable ppl here : -)

i stay in delhi

2. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

20k n u say a really good!
    Say that you want an average guitar!!

Acoutics are mor eexpensive than electrics mate!!

Go for Taylor, or Maritn!! excellent workmanship!

else Cort! they make good acoutics as well!

3. Harsh Kumar

Lol, what a comparrison!@!

Taylors, Martins and than ...CORT!!

4. aysh

i might push up the budget a bit (if my freinds return some long due money) ..
    i seem to be out of touch with these brands .. never seen any1 with a Cort guitar .. is it a foreign brand ? where can i chk it out ..
    also any word on Takamine/ ovation / other brand ?

5. aysh

6. aysh

7. Harsh Kumar

the cort link is not proper!
    My browser detected some malware!

N i knew that Taylors and Martins are out of your range!
    But they are finest acoustics i have ever played!
    Thats y, u should not name the thread really good acoutic!

n one more thing, no two acoutic guitars( even same make n model) sound exactly the same!

Since you are spending decently on your acoustic than i presume that you know what to look for in a guitar!

in the video it sounds like a pretty good guitar but with the mics and the mixers it;s hard to tell.

Go for Corts. I personlly like these! Gr8 acoutics good factory set up but never played a 20k cort! So cant really say again!

My suggestion go check em out!!
    Youd know best!

8. Harsh Kumar

9. aysh

thx buddy .. i'l surely chk out the Cort guitars .. do u hv an idea which are good shops in delhi (whr i can find the em)

ps did u chk the youtube video i posted .. is that a cort guitar ?

10. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

If you're really interested in spending that kind of money on an acoustic, I;d advise you to get someone to bring it from abroad. There are nice Yamaha, Fenders, Takamines etc to be had in that price.

11. aysh

ya bro i knw i'l get a good guitar frm abroad fr abt the same price .. but the drawback is that i cant play it be4 buying .. and my friends / relatives abroad dont have much idea abt guitars .. but i can keep options open !

12. nightfox229

nightfox229 New Member

Help needed in buying an acoustic for a complete beginner

hey even i am planning on buying an acoustic guitar so i have a few queries as well.

@nemo
    I hope u don't mind if i post my queries also in this thread.

I am a total rookie right now and i intend to buy a guitar in about 1 or 2 weeks time.
    My budget right now is a mere Rs 3-3.5k so i need suggestions regarding which brand to purchase.

One of my friend who's learning da guitar suggested me a Hobner guitar. But currently after doing some research work on the net and going through threads here i am considering buying da following guitar-

Brand: Granada
    Specs: Medium (39”) Guitar, PRS-1 /Black/Vintage Sunburst
    Price: Rs 2575(according to da price list posted by Vinay)

What do u guys think of this guitar for a complete beginner?? Any other suggestions are also welcome. Plz help me buy a good VFM guitar in my budget.
    Btw is the Furtados at Metro the main showroom?? I mean, there are other branches of Furtados as well but is this the main one??
    Thanks.

13. aysh

nightfox .. ya pl make a separate thread .. it'l get messed up

14. aysh

checked out some guitars at OnStage n Bharat musicals in lajpatnagar .. liked a couple of them .. Cort SFX1NS (the only model in the SFX series they had) for 13k and a Yamaha (dont remember the model, was medium body) for 23k .. any word on these two guitars ?
    shud i explore more shops in daryaganj ? i am longing to get hold of a Cort SFX6W or a Takamine guitar .. : -)

15. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

A Takamine would be really good. A Cort, I'm not sure, but Takamine has a great reputation.

16. aysh

^^ are takamines available in stores in delhi ..?

17. aysh

i might actually go ahead and get a guitar shipped frm the US .. does ne1 know the approx shipping cost involved (acstic guitar with hard case) ?

18. aysh

just for info .. i checked out the good stores in delhi .. bhargavas in daryanganj has the best collection of guitars hands down ..

19. chetank

chetank New Member

For something in that range a Fender CD140SCE may also be a good option. I think it is best to go to a good store and try out a few options.

20. shashankgothic

shashankgothic New Member

Gitar

Hey dude i recently bought a fender acoustic and the souns just amazing the bass is awsumn.... Fits in ur budgwet also around 18.5k