wanna buy new gear pls help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cooldude3194, Feb 10, 2006.

1. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

hi guys i am new to this forum and am planning to buy an electric guitar. I have absolutly no clue about about electrics and i cant figure which one is good or bad
    i am a begginer and hav been playing for 3 months. guys pls help as i do not know wat to buy and where to buy frm my dad goes to U.S every 2 months so should i import one. i live in delhi waitin for ur replies

2. bloodkiller_28

bloodkiller_28 New Member

hey man m also a beginner and dun even knnow how to post threads , i also want to buy a guitar can anyone tellme which one to buy

3. walk_alone

walk_alone **~~| An Atheist |~~**

Hi Guys,

Even i posted a similar thread few months ago.

Few things that i have learned as a beginner :

Its gud to start with an acquostic so that ur fingers get accustomed to the high action and u learn to nail it with ease, shifting to electric there after wd be heaven.

since in ur case i think u already have a acquostic and wanna get upgraded to electric then u gotta know ur budget for the whole kit.

No doubt Guitar is very important part of the kit but there are few other things that we tend to ignore that might hamper our learning.

so give us some budget and iam sure few pro's over here can come up with a gud guitar for ur budget.

4. pavandude

pavandude New Member

Try
    [Snip]
    Chor Bazaar - Second Hand Used Musical Gear Trade Forum

5. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

thnx guys guys for showin concern. my budget is no prob just tell me wat is good for a bigginer and where to buy from thnx

6. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

probly a squier strat or since budget's not a prob buy a Fender guitar.

7. pavandude

pavandude New Member

Go for some johnson guitars, around 8k but decent for a beginner.....gb&a for acoustics....decent nough.

8. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

i was thinking of buying something around 30k wat do u guys think pls tell me the names of guitars also and is 30k enough nor should i ivest more

9. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

i already hav an acuostic and have been playing it for 3 -4 months

10. Double Click

Double Click New Member

What sort of music do you play? The kind of gear you should get depends a lot on the kind of music you play.
    When you answer that, ppl will be able to help you out a lot better.

Since your dad keeps going to the US I suggest you buy from there. Most of the things can be bought for 30-50% less!!!

Try searching the forums a lil before posting...this topic has been discussed to death.

11. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

i like to play rock and some slow english songs

12. pavandude

pavandude New Member

i think 30 k is a bit too much for investing first time as a beginner, at the max 15k is sufficient, u can get a great quality guitar even a bit below that.
    Try some yamaha ones, if someone goes aborad u can get urself some imported ones.Cheaper n guaranteed gears from the maker itself. Even ibanez should do. Someone was plannin to sell his ibanez for bout 30k, but got royally kicked for the price. You cant sell a guitar at that rate cos u bought at with taxes n stuff.Ok irrelevant sentence.

13. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

k thnx pavan plz tell me the model no. so tht i can import it and will it be ok if i get it from abroad without having tried it or coould thr be any prob in it

14. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

15. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

sridhar thts a great guitarbut whr can i buy it from i live in delhi

16. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

also guys temme which pickups are good for rock and blues

17. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

y not go for a Les paul then..:think:

18. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

can anyone show me how les pauls looks like i havnt seen one but heard about it

19. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

20. cooldude3194

cooldude3194 New Member

thnx for the link
    the guitar looks awsome can anyone tell me the price and frm where ill get it