wanna buy an electric guitar??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by hairmetaLLers, Jul 15, 2010.

1. bcrich

bcrich New Member

see sumit, you found one owning a 15k axe.

2. sumit993192289

sumit993192289 New Member

here av1 is of 14000...so u can estimate av 3..........and i dont like less pauls and greg bennet are a kind of lsspaul ........how ibanez is in this range

3. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

4. sumit993192289

i like to play some powerchords and solo in metal as well as stack metal.........some simple chords.......and i have cube 15x.........i want a guitar which is best in 15000 ....which sounds good as well as look stylish.....co z i want to use that guitar for atleast 6 years....

5. bcrich

bcrich New Member

6. sumit993192289

then how about ibanez grg270dx....is it good......

7. bcrich

bcrich New Member

difference between a 170 and a 270 which i know.
    170- fat10 bridge; 270- double locking
    170- sharktooth inlays; 270- dot inlays

so both are almost same. sharktooth is cool, double locking is better.

8. sumit993192289

so u r saying that ibanezgrg270dx is good

9. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Yawn...
    Don't buy the GRGs, buy the RGs...
    And don't go for tremolo under ~30-35k, buy a hardtail...
    I'm tiring out of telling this everyone.

10. bcrich

bcrich New Member

better than 170 one. but i recommend you not to buy any of them.

11. bcrich

bcrich New Member

get a prestige. lol :D

12. ace41

ace41 New Member

^ Why is the grg170dx bad o_O ? I kept the 170dx and sold my new rg3exfm1 :lol:

13. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Lol. if it is a truth, then you should probably go to hell!

btw, about the 170!
    who said its bad? mind this line: every guitar is good, others could be better!
    i too own it and no such complains except the bridge and pickups! its a really great first guitar to have. if you wanna buy it, its ok! great for a beginner!

14. sumit993192289

ya its...true.......m also now will buy ibanez grg270dx..........what say?????????????

15. bcrich

bcrich New Member

atleast try out the ones i suggested. anyways. good luck! cheers!

16. ace41

ace41 New Member

Yes, but you missed one, frets.
    3 steps to a mightly grg,Frets, bridge and finally pickups
    1) Bridge is an easy fix, they provide you an extra spring which you can use to make the bridge fixed.
    2) Frets are well levelled making the action to be as good as rg series, 2 hour fret filing will make it as good as rg.
    3) Action without buzz on stock used to be 1.8,1.5 (6th,1st)
    after 2 hour fret levelling and finishing + full straight neck + 0.5mm shim resulted in excellent action, a whooping 0.6mm,0.5mm
    My last upgrade was Dimarzio breed on the bridge pos. (neck pup aint that bad, but bridge pup was bs)
    Played it since 6 months a no probs till date
    All this happened 2 months ago i saw a guy on jemsite saying "dimarzio on gio is like a ferrari engine on GEO", so i decided to sell some shares in tvs and buy an rg series or better and i luckily won a bid on ebay for this rg3exfm1 for 250$ and it reached me in good condition. The finish was excellent, g'e'o was nowhere near it in body finish, and the 3 piece neck: there ended the excitement, after 1 hour of drooling over it i found it was no different than my gio. And i couldnt get the action lower than 1mm w/o buzz and luckily a friend of mine who owns a mexican strat fell for it and i sold for 20k :D.

Lesson: RG series isnt as great as you think, may be the prestige is worth going for (i wont make a verdict unless i play one, no matter what the pros say, all pros are technically dumb to setup their guitar you see)

I had a used pacifica 112J and imo its better than grg170 in terms of the solid built and stock pups (i like the brighter sound of pac than grg's dull sounding pups) and mine wasnt setup either and i didnt bother to as i got the grg170 soon after that.

Ibanez GRG170dx (10500 INR) + cheap luthier tools (300Rs) + Used Dimarzio Breed (3100 Rs) = 13900 Rs Guitar which plays better than a stock RG. But without the setups its average. So it doesnt matter which guitar you get, setting it up properly matters !

17. bcrich

bcrich New Member

GRG's are not THAT bad as the pros say here. as i said before: every guitar is good, others are just a lil better.

18. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Ibanez GRG170DX is a very very unstable guitar.. even if u dont use the tremolo it goes outta tune..

19. bcrich

bcrich New Member

its an excellent guitar, BUT, only because of its sharktooth inlays. That's it. Everything else is next to crap or crap itself. :)

20. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

i wish the inlays were of some help when it comes to playability..