Wanna buy a guitar n amplifier under 30k....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shrin.herez, Sep 24, 2010.

1. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

Heya folks....m into metal(freaky metalhead) n also lykz grunge,punk rock n hardrock....so need a guitar to cover awl ov diz genres......m a vocal(can cover nythng punk rock 2 death metal).....need a guitar to backup my voice....as m nt playin into any band.......some ov my frndz told me 2 buy ibanez,esp ltd or epiphone......nt jackson(itz only for metal n hardrock na....) n bandz i lyk....metallica,megadeth,guns n roses,nirvana,linkin park,green day,puddle of mudd..........hope u can help me out......n yeah m best n worst typo...... :D

2. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

Nybdy gonna reply??

3. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Took a while to decode what you wrote..
    You wont get a jackson/epi in that budget...look into ibanez,greg bennett & cort.
    The greg bennett av6 seems to be the best bet imo.

4. methead

methead New Member

A couple of Washburn N2 are up for sale on the board. Check those.

5. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

Vel..i cn raise up my budget 4 betta quality....n a big no 2 cort....

6. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

N @methead....wanna buy a new guitar.... :)

7. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

Wot abt. Ibanez rg 350mdx....lotz ov gud review abt it....

8. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Raise your budget by how much?and wats wrong with cort ?

9. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

10k mre....vil sell my mob....not a big deal for guitar....n i dunt knw nythng abt. Cort....datz y....

10. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

Greg bennett av6..is it gud 4 metal n grunge??? N nyodr option....

11. killerduck

killerduck New Member

you should try out the ESP Ltd Ec-256 ..... I love the tone of it ....way warmer than the aV6 .... I tried em both out at Furtados , finally bought the ESP Ltd .... Priced at 25k ....Lots Of tonal variety . ....

12. flood

flood New Member

don't waste your money on any of the crap mentioned above.

30k will buy you fantastic english lessons, i think.

or perhaps even therapy to combat your raging dysgraphia.

13. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

Ec256..vil check it out....n english lesson....gud option.... :D

14. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Hey shrin.herez...
    One question mate.
    y u tyep liek dis?

+1

If you're into vocals, you might want to look into the Roland Cube Street, and a Shure SM57/58. RCS is a bit pricey for a beginner - a beginner person, not a beginner amp. It's decently priced for the features it has - battery powered, a channel dedicated to guitar with all the amp models of the Cube series (which sound passable, but with some EQ tinkering your ear probably won't notice, for the beginning years) and a basic sprinkling of effects, a separate mic channel (which can also do clean guitar) and some effects for that. So - you can sing with a mic through it as well as play guitar through it at the same time, on batteries so you can take it anywhere.
    https://www.bajaao.com/roland-cube-street-battery-powered-stereo-guitar-amplifier-p-4935.html

You sound like the type who'd do fine with a Yamaha Pacifica 012/112 (they're 12k and 16k respectively, I think) and that amp. Alternatively, look for Greg Bennett Avion AV/Torino TR series, they've got passable models in that range (under 20k).

Whole thing will come under 35k.

(This amp should be versatile enough for beginning stages and for practice. As and when your ear evolves and/or when you're seriously into a specific genre/type of sound, you will be advised to upgrade to a tube amp to match your taste.)

15. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

I dint tyep lyk dat.... :D.....i usd z instead ov(of) s.... :D....vel ignore that....and yeah..thnx dude for suggesting that awesome amplifier......and yamaha pacifica (012/112)....luk at the genre i wrote.....i mean pacifica 112 for grunge n metal???

16. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

Okz..roland cube street iz(is :D) final....nw hv 23k + 2k....25k......@ ultrabot bro. Wot abt ibanez rg 350mdx???

17. ultrabot90

Mate, read this.

1. Don't buy a tremolo guitar at this price range.
    2. If it has a humbucker it'll do. Also,
    Also consider other amps if you're not interested in the XLR input (mic input). Roland Cubes, Peavy Vypyrs, idk. I'd put up a tube amp or two, but recently learned that 5 watt tube amps are not the best for metal. Still, if you want to get started with a tube amp doing clean to rock, you can buy the BE3 Brat+ 1x12. Unbeatable quality and features for the price.
    https://www.be3amplifiers.com/BE3_Brat_plus.html

18. shrin.herez

shrin.herez New Member

M gonna check awl(all) optionz available undr my budget....n thnx for dat link 2 article....n suggst me some particular rg series model....n peavey vypyr 30w?? Is it gud??

19. ultrabot90

RG - 321EX, 7321 (7 string :p), also try
    Oh hey wait, there's always Schecter. Buy any hardtail by them, it should be decent.

Read reviews on Harmony Central, UG, etc.

Vypyrs are said to have decent sound quality but are fragile reliability-wise.

20. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Yeah you should..i think its the primary reason why you "riyt lyk diz" :p
    Read the wikipedia article on cort guitars.
    Cort evl z4 and z64 .. check them out