Wah Wah Pedal

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by hacknslash, Mar 13, 2006.

1. hacknslash

hacknslash New Member

Im from Chennai and Id like to know which places sell Wah Wah pedals and their prices

2. Oliver Varier

Oliver Varier New Member

Hey Buddy, we really have only one place where you can buy a 'wah wah' pedal, check out, Sapthaswara musicals in Mylapore, contact Nikhil, a young fellow and the owner of the business

As far as i know, they are the only one who stock one, and you can only buy Dunlop Crybaby GCB 95Q wah pedal, they said its somewhere around Rs.5800.

I got my Crybaby GCB 535Q for approx Rs.5500 from zzounds.com, from a friend living in NJ.

3. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

woot!!..they are selling almost at the international price???:shock:..thats rare..
    As far as I remember Musee musicals had some Dunlop wahs...

4. Oliver Varier

Oliver Varier New Member

Well, I checked Musee musicals last weekend, they dont stock any dunlop pedals, but I saw a Digitech Whammy II - Rs.12500, and a lotta Digitech pedals..

5. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i guess crybaby is the best(looking at hendrix using it:) )

6. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

nebuchadnezzar ,he is talkin abt 2 different pedals man ..cant imagine pedals being sold at international price in india ..olivier has a 535q whereas the price quoted is for a 95q !!!!!! not that they are priced differently ..but the specs are diffrent mainly in the fact that the 535 has preset wah effects wheras the 95 doesnt ..

look into the ibanez weeping demon if you are plannin to import ..its a killer pedal..sounds better than the dunlops in tht price range ,,,atleast to my ears ..

ya..get it from sapthswara ..but be very careful wen you buy ..have heard more than a few ppl gettin cheated with put-together stuff ..especially when buyin guitars

.dont expect them to happen with wah pedals,but always look at it and play it a number of times before buyin .
    try askin musee musicals to ship it for you,.. ithink they can help you if you ask them to....other than that ..your best bet is importing it .

7. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Those are not these Dunlop Crybabies. Those are the original Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah. You dont get them anymore. They went out of production in 1978 or so. And I have one with me which is made in 1974 or 1976 :p: . Thomas Organ Crybaby really rock.

8. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Reading all the guitar magazines i have the latest sensation in wah pedals seems to be The Tech 21 Killer Wail Wah.

9. ronnieanand

I have heard some bad reviews about that. Even the switch seems to be failing a lot. Check out again. On the contrary George Dennis is a good option in the similar price range. RMC would rule if price is no issue.

10. sridhar11_2

According to the Editors Reviews of various magazines its good. I guess they need to test it a little better.

My wah preference would be for using a Vox Wah and a Dunlop wah(535q) together the way SRV used to.

11. ronnieanand

Hey, forget Editor reviews. I feel most of them are made up. I have had some experiences on this. I dont remember as of now. Check out user reviews and talk to users. That's the best thing.

12. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

RMC and Fultone Clyde are regarded as the best, from what i've read..but both are in the $240 range
    I am planing to mod a second hand vox 847(if i manage to get one cheap on eBay AND import it..fat chance..but still:)) with a new inductor, pot and change resistors and caps, true bypass...should come around $120, which is about the same as the cost of most of these new pedals.

13. sridhar11_2

I heard the Fulltone Clyde wah sound clips and i was'nt very impresssed but the sound quality was pretty bad so.........

THe holy grail of wah sounds to me is the one that Stevie Ray Vaughan gets on "Say What!". That thick creamy wah sound......i need. He apparently used a dunlop crybaby AND a Vox wah together for that song.

14. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Together?
    :shock:

How do you plan to use em together?
    Using both the foot at same time?
    :think:

15. sridhar11_2

You're thinking of it in the wrong way. Just think most people leave their wah pedal at a certain position and solo right. This is something like that. Leave one pedal at a certain position which will accentuate a certain frequency and use the other wah as you normally would.

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Okay. :)

I was really thinking that you are gonna use both the pedals to get a very strong wah. (Hey cant it be done? You just link bot hthe wah's mechanically so that you need to operatre only one, but both are actually engaged.)

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Okay.

I really thought you WILL use BOTH of them. Isnt it possible? Just link both of them mechanically, and then you got a very strong WAH sound.

18. ronnieanand

Using both the foot at the same time on the Wah, he will look like Mr.Bean and remember his belly thrusting dance. It will look like that :beer: :think: .

19. ronnieanand

For the best vocal sweep Wah, forget a Wah pedal and get a talk box like Rocktron Banshee. It can kill any Wah, most of all, it can sweep the way you really want and absolutely no confusions at all. At least I get confused at times, I'd intend to play Oooo aaahh and it will sound aaaa oooo. Check out Peter Frampton. He is the undisputed Master of Talk Box.

20. sridhar11_2

I beg to differ i think Jeff Beck is the master of the talk Box or atleast a worthy opponent. Listen to Wild Thing, Black cat Moan. Peter Frampton is amazing too i loved Do you feel like i do. Joe walsh can also be mentioned in this context.