vuze download speed

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by CARLOS SANTANA, May 12, 2011.

1. CARLOS SANTANA

CARLOS SANTANA New Member

my vuze download speed keep fluctutaing from 30kbps to 5 kbps
    nd average is around 10kbps,,,it takes forever to download a movie..i hv a 512kbps connection..sometimes it says 1hour left then the next moment 2days left...is there any way to keep the speed constant and around 100kbps or so??ihv searchd for the solution and everything went abv..im a complete noob..nt a computer guy..so can u guys help me out.just want faster downloads..sometimes i feel stream video are faster than to download..bt games :p :p

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Carlos,

There are a lot of factors that's responsible for this. Vuze is a BitTorrent client. Rather than downloading a file from a single source, the BitTorrent protocol allows users to join a "swarm" of hosts to download and upload from each other simultaneously.

A lot depends on how many users are currently sharing / downloading the same file, and if you are using a paid / free bittorrent software, and other users as well as your internet connections performance.

If you know the exact issue, may be we can help you zero in on the problem !

3. CARLOS SANTANA

dunno the issue...bt now 5 connected 6 in swarms ..peers= 3 connected 1 in swarm.. :p :p im super blank..i dunno wat i said just now matters or not.. :p
    tcp/udp listen port 6881
    global max upload speed 20
    global max download speed 0

4. Super-Admin

@Carlos - You are 'Giving out' more than you are 'Getting'. In simple words, you have faster connection and more resource at this point (you are a better 'seed'), and your 'leeching' is not to full potential.

So that's the best you can get at this point.

Looks like you are downloading something which is not too much in fashion :)

5. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

First of all, change the port 6881, choose a new port anything between 49160–65534!
    If you are using a router, you than have to forward the port you using!
    Just take a look here:
    https://wiki.vuze.com/w/Select_port_for_Vuze

Portforwarding:
    https://portforward.com/

Good luck!

6. CARLOS SANTANA

done changed it to 50000 50000
    no change...
    i dont know what a router is !! ??
    port forwarding??

7. CARLOS SANTANA

im downloading fast nd furious 5 now..with 2000+ seeds..nd it is faster :D downloading speed is 56 aprrox.. :) :) much better..so the conclusion is more seeds = faster downloads?

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Why don't you try with a different torrent client?

The default setting and config of each is different. That may make some diff.

9. Super-Admin

10. CARLOS SANTANA

^^thnx ppl..bt i wanna know can i get more download speed at 512kpds connection...coz somewhere i read that 50kBps is the max i can get.??
    i also checkd the download speed online...soem says 300 kbps some says 200kbps :p

11. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

The maximum speed you can get is 64KB/s.
    Just take look here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_rate_units

A router is a device that forwards data packets along networks!
    It is needed when you have one internet connection and more than one computer and you want to connect all computers to the internet!
    https://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/2005/router.asp

12. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

yes more seeds = more download speed

but as keoraf said ...u cant get over 64 KBps ...even if there are million of seeds

ISP's always claim their speed in Kbps which is 8th times of KBps
    (b=bits, B=bytes, 8 bits = 1 byte)

=> 512 Kbps = 64 KBps :p:

13. Haifa582

Haifa582 New Member

my download speed is about 4 times slower from about 8 oclock at night untill after midnight using utorrent here in uk