vox vt30 v/s vox ac4tv v/s laney cub 10 v/s behringer-15 watt

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by gamebore, May 24, 2010.

1. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Wow.. Thats a beauty.. Congratulations !!!

2. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Congrats! Finally someone took the leap! Please post a review to IGT once you've used it a month or so...

3. gamebore

gamebore New Member

Thanks a ton guys.

It really has been an eye-opening experience for me. For last 3 days ive played more than i had played in past 15 days. Not just because it's a new amp and im completely smitten by it, but because it encourages and motivates you to play. It's like giving the quote "ill play what i feel" a new dimension altogether.

I switch it on and let them tubes warm-up for about 5 minutes, and then i start playing whatever little i know, and it just keeps snowballing. It's like i'm learning something new everyday, by chance, by feel, by ear. Beautiful experience.

There is something to it, i can see. Because ive played amps before, but none talks to me like these tube babies do. Call me crazy, but thats the way i feel.

Will try and post a detailed review after ive played it for a while. Till then, There's so much playing to do. There's so much learning to do. Oh yeah. :D

Cheers.

4. flood

flood New Member

told ya :D congratulations and enjoy the ride from this point on.

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Congrats, happy NAD!

6. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

Great Choice Gamebore

Good Choice Gamebore, I own one, bought around a year back, Still love it, and I am really glad that you bought this amp, it handles pedals really well too, I own a Vox Satchurator, i bought from the US, it rocks, I also recently got a Boss ME 25, Multi effects pedal, I just use the effects of it with my Laney Cub 10, and its simply beautiful. Especially open up the volume and you can hear this beast growl, its a very open and full tone you can get off it at higher vols and for a 10 watter, its really LOUD.

Only thing I would suggest is to ensure that you do not move the amp immediately after playing it for a while, let the amp cool down before you move it, tubes are really delicate and must be handled with care, also ensure that you are connecting it to a well earthed (grounded) power socket to reduce humm, believe me you will not hear any.
    You will love it after a few days of playing as the speaker will break up and will give you a more decent tone and growl, I recently ordered a Celestion g10 speaker for it, I now dont like the Tube 10 speaker that it comes with, you may consider doing this mod maybe after a while, I will also be changing the tubes to NOS or Electro harmonix later in the day.

I owned a AD15VT prior to this amp, it was good, but Laney Cub 10 is all tube and thats the real deal for any guitarist. It can do blues, rock, and kind of gets into the metal territory as well not quiet though.

You have a Good One with your Laney....Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!