Vocalist/Rhythm guitarist looking to form/join a band or jam sessions

Discussion in 'IGT Soundtrack - Your Band, Your Gig, Your Music' started by Ambiguous, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Ambiguous

Ambiguous New Member

Who Am I?

Hi guys. I am from Mumbai. I am 22 yrs old. I love music and have a tremendous passion for singing. So basically I am a vocalist. Also, I am a self-taught guitarist. I bought myself a fender acoustic guitar about 2 years back, and have been learning and practicing hard. Of course, there is still a lot to learn like there always is, but I like playing rhythm guitar. Apart from this, I also like to write songs.

What do I want?

I think I have come to a point where I need to play along with other people in order to grow. I want to feed my creative hunger. I want to create music. I want to enjoy creating it, and I want others to enjoy listening to that music.

Basically I am looking to form a band. The genre is going to be Rock. Both Hindi & English. I do not wish to align myself to a specific sub-genre, but its going to be around Rock - Alternate Rock / Acoutic Rock / Experimental Rock / Pop Rock / Emotional rock / Country Rock. I am listing some of the bands that I like and I am influenced by.

The All-American Rejects, Radiohead, Yellowcard, Simple Plan, Relient-K, Plain White Ts, Paramore, Boys Like Girls, Secondhand Serenade, The New Amsterdams, Maroon 5, Green Day, Coldplay, Sugarcult, The Goo Goo Dolls, The Pierces, The Libertines, Lifehouse, Fall Out Boy, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Metallica, The Doors, Bon Jovi, The Kinks, Van Halen, Johnny Cash, The Smiths, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Bryan Adams, Avril Lavigne, Taylor Swift, Garth Brooks, etc. In Hindi, Bollywood music, and stuff like Jal, Silk Route, Euphoria etc.

What am I looking for?

I am looking for like minded people with a strong passion for music. I am looking for people who share my goals and perhaps my taste. I am looking for a lead guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer. Other musicians are free to contact me as well.

If there is a band already out there who is looking for someone like me, I would be highly interested to hear from you.

Apart from this, if anyone would just like to chill and jam, I would be interested in that too.

Contact

Feel free to contact me by PM on this forum or mail me at ambiguousfellow [at] yahoo [dot] com.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted it to be specific. I am sorry If I have posted this in the wrong section.

2. Ambiguous

Ambiguous New Member

sadly, looks like no one is interested :(. No musicians from Mumbai ? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.

3. Ambiguous

Ambiguous New Member

Sorry for the bump, but I don't get it. Still no replies? Is it because people don't dig the genre I have posted, or is the music scene that bad in Mumbai ?

Once again, firstly and most urgently, I need someone who has got some good experience on guitars (both electic and acoustic prefereably) and can play leads. A bass guitarist and a drummer/percussionist can follow but will be needed sooner or later, so feel free to contact me.

I am going to try and post some recordings here as soon as I can. Any help is appreciated.

4. augur

augur I love bjr

But who am I and what do I want!? You never address my needs. It's always me me and me.

Pfft.

5. Ambiguous

Ambiguous New Member

Oh honey, are you filing for divorce :( ?

6. augur

augur I love bjr

No... I'm staying just for the kids. I'm gonna poison their young minds so that when they grow up, they will take all your money and kick your butt on the street.

P.s. They're not yours.

Wait...I'm the man in this relationship.

Damnit.

7. angel_of_sin

angel_of_sin bassist.....

^^lmao..........a thread is only worth reading if it has augur posting in it.......

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm currently reading "How to murder your husband (and other handy household tips)" and I found this post rather related.

@Ambigous- this isn't a very active place anymore so you probably will have to wait a while before you get replies. If you want to try at a slightly more pretentious site, try the rock street journal forums or the gigpad.

I share a fair bit of your views but I'm not looking to form or join a band so poop.

9. colossus

colossus New Member

outfit

have PMed u..check it out..

10. augur

augur I love bjr

^You aren't even trying to hide your infidelities from me now?

11. Ambiguous

Ambiguous New Member

@bjr : Thanks a lot for those links.

@colossus : Replied your PM, check it out.

@augur : Honey, its over. And look who is talking about infidelities! The damn kids aren't even mine!

12. augur

augur I love bjr

But you popped them out... they're 50% yours.

I can't let you go. Lets work this out.. I have nowhere else to go as it's your father's money I'm living on.

Lets kill your father and we'll live happily ever after. Your mom's sweet... she's promised me 50% but she had no choice as I showed her the 'Share the Wealth' card. She's obviously senile.

13. Ambiguous

Ambiguous New Member

Bump. Still looking, especially for a good lead guitarist. A bassist and a drummer needed too.

14. aneeshcr

aneeshcr New Member

Ah - I too am looking to start a band....But my taste is Grunge :) I would have been more than happy to join you......But :

1. I stay in Bangalore
    2. I too compose my own songs and do the vocals and can play Guitar too ( Same as you - Not a pro Guitarist, but just learn and play by myself :) sounds similar - huh ? )
    3. Since I too do my vocals - we both couldn't merge together !!! SAD !!

But Yeah - I feel good that I find someone of my kind :) Keep lookin, you will find one :)

BYE !

15. aneeshcr

aneeshcr New Member

Keep your search running - you will soon find someone ...

16. Ambiguous

Ambiguous New Member

@aneeshcr

Thanks a lot mate and best of luck with your band as well !

17. Richard.Andrade

Richard.Andrade New Member

hey, wher in mumbai do u live..... maybe we can jam sometime....

18. Ambiguous

Ambiguous New Member

Sent you a PM Richard. Check it out :)

19. love2ashok007

love2ashok007 New Member

hey bro...

hey bro, my name is ashok....i finished my engneering in mumbai.. now m in hyderabad, i play guitar, i wud like to play wid u... if u think i can jam wid u pls contact me on 8106549240,,

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hahaha, so who was Augur?