Vocal Processors...Worth it?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ultrabot90, Dec 23, 2007.

1. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I'm a rhythm/second lead guitarist, and simultaneously the lead singer. I'm good at clean vocals, but I'm always afraid that growling vocals will damage my voice.
    If I use a vocal processor, will I be able to get a satisfactory death growl?
    Seeing that I need one only for a growl, and assuming there is a processor for solely such a need, how much will a good one cost?

2. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

you do lose your ability to make those harsh stuff ..
    advice-able to get the processor ..won't cost much ..would be the same of those intermediate guitar processors ..

3. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

death metchul is pretty insanely interesting to experiment with the crowd.. you sing stuff like ...

i came home from an infernal dentist appointment
    couldnt sleep with my precious tooth to a funny oinment
    my whole sunday laid to utter waste
    shit, i cant brush my teeth without 10gram of paste
    i sit helpless to dine with food my mom makes once in a bluemoon
    oh, my poor teddy ..it'll be in ICU as the food touches the tooth

..growly vocals and the crowd goes encore ..

4. ultrabot90

ROFL :RollLol:
    Anyways -
    https://www.bajaao.com/digitech-vocalist-performer-harmony-voice-processor-p-3955.html
    https://www.bajaao.com/digitech-vocal-300-vocal-effects-processor-p-3885.html
    ^Only two I found.

5. muntazir ali

muntazir ali New Member

let me clear something if u just want a simple vocal processor u can get a (ok) one for 50 usd but if u really want a good one they can goo upto 10000usd i personally have a recording studio over 6 thousand usd spended on it but buying a cheap vocal processor wont help u gonna waste ur money brooo

6. raj.hendrix

raj.hendrix New Member

which vocal processor did u buy for 6000USD?

7. ultrabot90

I need one for live performances AND studio work (if we ever get around to that)