Vintage Tremolo and Rolling Bridge

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Orange Guitar, May 13, 2005.

1. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

I need help about Tremolo (Vintage and other) and Roling Bridge. are they good for players like me. Also want information about using these things.

2. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

dive bomb

:rockon: hi brother, u need help in using tremelo, yeah surely u can use this, basically, tremello is used for the whammy effect, for vibrato, trilling and above all to get the dive bomb effect, u can surely hear all these techniches rather effects in joe satriani, steve vai also in van halen songs. its fun to use an employ these techniques, any help or guidance, its my pleassure.

3. Orange Guitar

tell me how to use it...how can i change the sound....i think that only top class guitarists use these type of things!

4. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

I Think It Changes Strings Length , So You Can Get Diff. Piches.......
    Strum Your Guitar And Move It In Up And Down ..................then Your Guitar Will Cry Like--- Ooooooooyaoooooon.....oooyaooon :nw:

5. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

it changes the tension in string which in turn changes the frequency of sound .thus the change in pitch.and u gotta use floyd rose or any locking sys to make the strings withstand the pressure otherwise they will detune.

rabi_sultan likes this.
  6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

well ya- it just changes the tension in the string - by stretching or 'drooping' the strings henc changing in frequency of the sound/.... ppl normally bend up but use a whammy bar to bring the note 'down'... als owhen ur using harmonics - u cant bend it (natural hartmonic - not pinch harmonics) thus u use the bar to make crazy sounds....

also u have to use it in moderation for 1 of 2 erasons:
    1. u might not have a fully floating brdige (eg. floyd rose) and hence ur strins will keep going out of tune
    2. ull break the bar - the bar might actually break off leaving a part of it inside the hole in which u fix the bar - this is very irritating -im sure it can be fixed - ut u dot want this happening...

7. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

If you have a locking nut or locking tuners, which most FR gutiars have, you dont go out of tune unless you break a string.

8. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

tremelo tech.

brother, turn in ur amp, set suitalble vol. with gain upto two steps, presence three steps then pick any note from any of the strings E,A, D and slightly rotate the tremelo anticlockwise by slightly pressing it downward, this gives u some impression, the play what u r playing and repeat the same process u certainly feel some impression, keep practicing it this kind of effect is called dive bomb u can surely see this on most of van halen song, even in watan kahani, u can watch asad ahmad to display this, second purpose of whammy bar is to get some vibrato, now for this fix the position of ur tremelo bar then pick a note and press the bar downward without rotating it u surely get the sound of vibrato depending with which interval u r pressing and releasing it, this effect is used by joe satriani specially in the instrumental Crush of Love, for now keep practicing them if u have any question, brother feel free to ask
    infinite aaz

9. Orange Guitar

thanku for info. infinite....can u also give me some tabs so that i can practice tremolo and make effects! so tremolo only changes the tension in the strings!?

10. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

11. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@h4: i know fr guitars have locking nuts - i said if ur guitar doesnt have fr type fully flaoting brdige - then thesres a good chance that ur strings go out of tune

@ orange -u know wat natural harmonics are?
    its bascilly when u kinda put ur finger over the string and pick the note (ur finger is barely touching the sitrng) and its usaully on distortion - ull hear this really high pitched sound... like the intro to summer song....

play a harmonic and then go crazy on the whammy bar - its good [pratice in whammy control... u can make some crazy satriani /gilmouyr type sounds - but make sure u dont break ur whammy gonig too crazy...

12. Orange Guitar

i know abt harmonics...but have never tried with whammy bar...but it is difficult....the string can break!