VideoLicks

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by johns, Sep 16, 2004.

1. johns

johns New Member

!!!attached file is not a midi file

To play this file first change the extension from *.mid to *.mov

*.mov file. needs quicktime movie player to play

:rockon:

Attached Files:

• o02.mid
      File size:
      189 KB
      Views:
  2. johns

johns New Member

TAB for the above

TAB for the above videolick

Attached Files:

• o02.jpg
      o02.jpg
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views:
  3. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Wrong Forum.. This is Gear Talk.. Moved to B Q & A..

4. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Not bad... is that you playing?

5. johns

johns New Member

Its not me playing!

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Johns..Can you confirm that its not Copyrighten?? cause that may i'm SAYING MAY cause a problem..

7. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

There's nothing in that video that may cause copyright trouble. Also, this is too small a forum to be noticed for any copyright infringement.

Raj

8. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

ignore this made a mistake

9. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

@ Raj : - My Admin believes that we keep anything like that out of IGT.. and i strongly second/support him.. Cause if somehting does cause a problem, He may be in trouble.. The point is that if the creator of the video holds CRights, then he can just saying hypothetically, can sue us.. Thank YOu..

10. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

I don't refute that. The video is merely a lick; I seriously doubt it would warrant trouble. Everything is freely downloadable over the net. If the author desires to keep his work away from misuse, he needs to stamp his work to dissuade any illicit download. In this case there clearly is no stamp on the video.

The admin of a forum cannot be held culpable for copyright infringement, unless he's the one that actually made the post. The board rules should suggest the person who makes the post is responsible for any infraction.

Copyright is a rather contentious subject and unless the author walks in with subpoenas we can keep beaming. In my wildest dreams I cannot see that happening. In any case I'd say you are being overtly paranoid. I suggest you surf the net a lot more in order to actually identify with copyright infringement, else it'd wreck the atmosphere on the board.

Also, I imagine many tutorials on this board have been copied from other sources. That in itself is a violation. I also remember running into a thread which had images of various guitars downloaded from several websites. These websites do not entertain lifting their content. It’s a breach of copyright, since you do not have the consent.

Like I said before, the issue is subjective, as we can sue each other till the end of time for all conceivable reasons.

Raj

esgallindeion likes this.
  11. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

I wouldn't worry about copyright for that lick, jayanth...

12. jayanth

ok agreed.. I had posted something here and it got deleted so..

13. rabi_sultan

i think these are the missing posts from newest to oldest

14. rabi_sultan

oh yeah and this one too

15. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

y cannot i hear ne sound? is there sum?

gud thread..post more guys

16. jayanth

@ Rabi - I posted a reply its missing.. Lets try find its source and get more of it..

17. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

Woopsie! My message vanished too. I had to dig it out from my network log.

I have to concur with Esgallindeion here; it is indeed a pathetically useless issue. What Esgallindeion is referring to here is called Plagiarism (copying and taking credit) and it goes hand in hand with copyright laws. There are few subjects as ambiguous as copyright. Jayanth you should not hold strong opinions on something you don’t understand. The legal world is very obscure and we should not be troubled by frivolous issues such as uploading a video file. I’ll clarify a few terms about copyright infringement so as to put an end to this discussion, once and for all.

There is an expression called ‘Fair Use’ which is the use of copyrighted work for purposes of research and education without the permission of the author (such as in this case), in other words for social purposes. Intent and damage to the commercial value of the works are important considerations here. The intent is clear; it is to educate and instruct. The purpose is without doubt not to damage or pilfer.

Considering the worst case scenario-

The author grants permission to use his work in a manner he deems appropriate. If he does run into this thread (that’ll be the day when pigs start to fly) and considers this upload illegal he will definitely notify the administrator to remove the content. He will not aimlessly sue. The courts have better things to do than to worry about something that has no commercial value. If the work has little or no commercial value, it is unlikely to result in legal action. This is what I personally affirm. I do not profess to be a legal expert, but I know my stuff. Also, common sense overrides any baseless conclusions, including those of paranoia. As Esgallindeion suggested earlier its futile discussing copyright and the board should worry about other things.

Hence let’s not trouble ourselves with irrelevant issues such as copyright violation. This shouldn’t have been brought up in the first place. We could be better off discussing global warming.

Raj

18. jayanth

Look.. Now that John has claimed that he didnt play it.. So its not an issue here..

19. rajscorps

rajscorps Kaput

He claimed that a long time ago, even before the copyright topic was raised. You seemed infatuated with copyright laws so for the benefit of all I clarified things.

Raj

20. jayanth

Yhea i know.. Everything is clear in my mind.. One thing though.. These were stuff Admin wanted us to follow.. And no copyrighten info and files are to be posted here.. So i asked..