Video Games.....

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by cool_is_rule, Sep 7, 2004.

1. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Yeah, I have played capture the flag and I think thats the best mode of play in both UT and quake. I have not played UT much, so never got a chance to progress through levels of difficulty. In quake its the third level ( 'hurt me plenty'... i think). But, I am basically an AOE man. ;-)

2. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

yeah i was too ... but now i am more into AOE . .. our longest record here. . .is we played on tems of 4 on 4 and the game continued for 4 hours. .. the game was in a deadlock. .. 3 of my teammates were suckered . . andi was untouched for about 1.5 hrs. . .so you can imagine how much i can grow. . .and the other team also 3 were suckered and one was very strong. . . they kept coming on to us .. . and the rest of the 3 hid behind my civilisation . .. and we 4 resisted them for about 2 hrs. . .finally we lost . . .due to some stupid cutting off the trees and letting the other team in from the other side where we were'nt concentrating. .. this was the most memorable game. . .

3. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

I remember such games that we had played in college. But, any game that came to such a pass was declared as a draw. I am working right now, we have played quite a few times here, on the company network, but never a 4 vs 4 game. And the guys here suck, nobody has beaten me here in a 1 vs 1 game or even a team game for that matter. I was only beaten twice, where it was 3 avg players against me alone.

4. abhay_saxena

yea only generally colege guys are averse in playing these games. .. .
    .. . even in UT i can handle about 5 average players. ..

5. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Thats cool... but how do ya do that, hide n snipe everybody ??

6. abhay_saxena

no man. . .i don't snipe. .. only sometimes. ... i play with the rocket launcher and the flak cannon. . .i can play best with the rocket launcher. .. not many stand a chance here with me on thast. .. theres a guy here. .. whom no one can stand if he's on a flak cannon. ..
    i generally snipe only if its a sniper map. . .like a "sniper field". . .whats your best map ?

7. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

I dont even remember the map names in UT, But i remember the flak and i really miss that gun, I dont think it has any equivalent in quake. have u played latest version of UT, I heard that they have introduced vehicles, now that will be something.

8. abhay_saxena

yeah i played UT 2004 demo. .. they have introduced vehicles. .. .some tanks and airplane. .. . dunno much .. . did'nt play much, ,,

9. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

As i said before, nowadays hardly get any time to play games. and no players around, gaming isn't fun when you have only the computer to play with.

10. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

hey , thanks dude :)

but i will be in bbay in nov , so will get it there , if i need ur help that time , might contact you then,...

i really dun have patience to sit and learn the new ones ,....

11. abhay_saxena

yeah it surely ain't fun. . .all fun is in playing on the network with real huiman players. ... bots play only predefined moves. .. .

12. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

But in some ways i think the AOE AI is good.

13. abhay_saxena

yeah the AI of AOE is better than that of UT. .. .UT bots only play the same thing again anda again. .. there's no great job in defeating UT bots. .. .but AOE is good. ..

14. bob-bobby

never thought we had so many freaks here ,... i only knew abhay was here though ,...

15. abhay_saxena

you never know bob. .. !!

16. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Gaming freaks are everywhere, bob... that's y its a lucrative industry.

17. bob-bobby

what are you upto now :think:

18. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Right now, i am learning the guitar... thats what i am up to... n thats the reason i am here...

19. bob-bobby

ur playing guitar in a video games thread ,... juss kiddin ,..

that was for abhay , he can be dangerous at times ,...

20. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

with so many posts happening all at once i am totally confused... sorry...