VenkataChalaNilayam in sindhubhairavi..

Discussion in 'Carnatic Music of South India' started by twarak, Mar 29, 2005.

1. twarak

twarak New Member

Hi everybody,
    I play carnatic music on the guitar and am probably an intermediate player.... I was desperately looking for notation of the song "venkatachala nilayam" in raga sindhubhairavi and adi talam...

Probably, experts like harini could help with this... i would really appreciate if some one could explain common swara progressions in sindhibhairavi that can be used to give a feel for the essence of the raga.... The reason i am in need is the fact that i heards sindhubhairavi can use all the 16 notes...

BTW, Jayswami.... i am a big fan of your threads.... great work man....In fact, i have all your recordings in my ipod.. i listen to them often.. hope you do not mind...

2. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

thanks man.
    I think should put upa donation box.. :) if everyone donates me 1 dollar, i can buy a guitar or something :)

what 16 notes
    i know about 7 notes 12 notes and 22 notes. first time hearing about 16 notes.

Isnt sindhu bahiravi that mile sur mera tumhara raaga?

Jay

3. harini

harini Hameer Kalyani

yeah jay it is...note wise...
    but in carnatic they handle sindhu bhairavi very differently.
    i can put up the notation for venkata chala nilayam...
    go to music india online and listen to sindhubhairavi aalapanai for an idea of the ragam. i do not have a good recording setup here...so nething recorded on my computer sounds nasal...myself, my sister and my violin!

i will post it by tomoro

4. hemum

hemum New Member

tabs for venkatachala nilayam

I have tried tabs for this with very limited success:I think i missed all basic aspects of carnatic music (16 notes etc). If anyone can improvise this and repost , i would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Hema chandra

Venkata chala nilayam vaikuntha puravasam

E-2^7-7-7--5-3-2---2-0-|---0--2H3H2-0---0---0------
    B-------- -------3-----|-3------------3---1-----------
    G----------------------|------------------------------
    D----------------------|------------------------------
    A----------------------|------------------------------
    E----------------------|------------------------------