Veg/ Non-veg?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by horsesmouth, Aug 28, 2012.

1. monica_decosta

monica_decosta Active Member

point taken ..i will answer this only beacause i feel u are good resonable people who would consider a view by self discovery (even ignoring the toughest logics based on observable facts)
    The answer to your point is conciousness has different forms and purpose... plants do have conciousness but not of the same nature as animals / humans .. an interesting observation is Hindus also belive in conciousness in non living things but its not the same level of conciousness.
    Additionally i am not some one who belives that humans as individuals must not eat animals or kill other humans, we all are free to do anyting we want cause in the end its all useless. Still as a society vegeterianisam is a better way of life may be a more Happy one.
    You know the bhutan goveremnt has put up a ministry of Happyness ..:)

live let live Vs kill get killed ( i personally would vote for the later one ...i love hunting as a concept )
    Iti siddham :p

2. wylder

wylder Member

Once again, you make a statement about vegetarianism being better for society without giving any reasons why you think so.
    Yes, you are free to choose your diet habits. But when you make general statements about society/others in a discussion, you would have to give reasons why you think others should agree with you.

I'm not sure about Indian hunting laws but I do know that in US if you knowingly waste the meat of the hunted/injured animal (wanton waste), you can be penalized. So hunting is intended by law to be regarded as a method of procuring food (albeit a costly and fun one) and not for taking lives for no reason.

3. monica_decosta

^ haha have u ever hunted Mr. Wylder ?? experience it its better than *** lol

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

We are a society of sissy pussies.
    And no one dare oppose the group-think, because once again we are the pussies. Don't you know about this after reading the history of India (especially with respect to the conflicts, battles, wars, societies, religions, customs etc)?

Or perhaps Monica has her own visions and views about happiness.
    Like a person can be happy only when he eats "vegetarian" food.
    A person, when he is happy HAS to sing about and dance around - otherwise he is sulking.
    Happiness can only be enjoyed among lots of people, and not alone.
    and ... (blah blah)

I won't blame her ... its groupthink at work.

Are you trying to circumvent the question, yet once again (like you were avoiding my question on the previous page)?
    Whether Mr Wylder has hunted or not has got absolutely no relevance to whether he likes meat or not.
    OR whether he thinks meat is a suitable food for the population or not.

5. monica_decosta

^^ @wylder: one way of understanding your environment is to look at situation and ask questions to your own self. This often helps in fuzzy situations. Ask your self " look at the situation where we have plants and animals as possible food options..what do you feel is a preferable choice... to breed, feed and then kill animals or eat plants and animal bi-products??" to add i never run away from questions ...i thought my points will help shape your though process ..if it did'nt mmmm then it didnt
    on society thing .....imagine a soliloquy in a movie (lets assume in 2023) Gave him a puppy on his 5th birthday, he asked his mother to chop it and make a nice puppy chop burger ... times have changed kids are different !!

^alphs: ur biased ... "India is bad, Indians are pussy.. society is XYZ"..damm !!

I belive you have tremendous apatite for arguments.. to my mind arguments which do not lead to any conclusion for your self are useless.

Now you will start on my argument ... well i'm done !!!

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

It is termed as bias when there is no basis.
    On the other hand, reading you posts makes us feel that you are biased against the non-veg realm.

7. wylder

wylder Member

I think we have been over this somewhere earlier in this thread but I shall clarify this again...

Non-vegetarians commonly eat meat of mostly herbivorous animals like chicken, cows, sheep, goat.

Here's how this system works...
    You cultivate grain/fruits/vegetables in your farm. But you can eat only certain parts of your harvested plants. The remaining parts of the plant can be re-used to feed farm animals which can also be eaten for additional food. Such re-use of waste by-products of a farm can lead to greater efficiency of the farm and reduces the pressure on the land used for food production.

About the society thing again...
    You need to understand that nature by design supports hunting and being hunted. It is a method of natural selection and improvement of gene pool. Do you look at a lion as evil animal for killing deer for food?

Unfortunately, due to humans not having a suitable predator, if we go about hunting in the wild, we will wipe out a lot of the other animals in a short while. That's why we farm them and eat them.

It gets evil when you needlessly subject animals to pain as in cockfighting, rodeo etc...

8. monica_decosta

I think i have changed my mind

if you do not find it wrong eat anything .. its immaterial what you eat, drink, smell, taste .. fools think about this all !!!

9. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

...but:
    1. Do not interfere with what others eat, goes for both veggies and non-veggies.
    2. Do not make a fuss out of eating in plates serving both kinds of food, or utensils used for both.
    3. Do not consider yourself superior for consuming only-veg, or healthier for being an omnivore.

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I think that's wise...was this sarcastic or did something bring this change of opinion about?

11. wylder

wylder Member

Perhaps the appearance of a third set of molars?

12. monica_decosta

I explored this among many others ... noting really matters so y create a fuss !!!