Veg/ Non-veg?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by horsesmouth, Aug 28, 2012.

1. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

And if explanations can't assuage your desire for an objective truth? You can't find hard evidence for every argument in the world, some points thus, should be accepted to be nebulous at their best, but still might be true.

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Was this excess of Bile only due to the consumption of meat, or it had some other causes too?
    You know a lot of times there are many things going wrong in our body, just takes a trigger to develop the symptoms, and we wrongly/hurriedly assign the cause to this trigger.

Of course I am talking in general, and you must've checked with the physicians ...

On the other hand:
    This thread is becoming [​IMG]

3. horsesmouth

Alas, I can't say, I only know that I got cured by a collective refrain from all "good things in life".

4. allstarsband

allstarsband New Member

You know i still have this problem and it doesnt seem to go away. i get blisters on my hands and feet many times. Doctor says its the bile prob. a few relatives suggested me to try alternative medicine but i'm not sure.

5. allstarsband

allstarsband New Member

And why do vegetarian people hate from non-veggies i cant say. Tomorrow if you're dying of hunger say in a desert and you only have an animal in front of you, wont you eat it to survive?
    Dog eat dog dude! Its nature.

6. horsesmouth

Try what I did as a last resort, difficult but effective.
    I won't say that I wouldn't!
    Does that make me immoral? Hurt my conscience? I guess not!

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I have a very straightforward point here that people who think they are vegetarians are not vegetarians. I would prefer to call them "relatively vegetarians" because they consume non veg stuff either unknowingly or they still prefer to be called vegetarians out of pride or maybe to sound less brutal than the rest of us. I am yet to see a veg/non veg symbol on the medicines we consume unless they are ayurvedic.

My point may not be sound enough but it's simple enough.

8. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I have contributed nothin to IGT forget bout this thread. I am here to troll as you rightly said. I throw one liners coz i'm too lazy to write long posts unlike many others.

Thanks for the hug btw... I appreciate... :]

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

The class of people "preferring to be called vegetarians out of pride or maybe to sound less brutal" are the people taking the moral highground and I quite agree with the sentiment that it is a nonsensical one. Having said that, there is a subclass of vegetarians who call themselves vegetarians simply because they are...and shouldn't really be clubbed with anyone else.

Your second point is a rather good one. I must admit I have no idea whether any of the ingredients of the medicines we have are derived from animals (though it seems unlikely to me as a layman). It still doesn't make the existence of vegetarians moot but it gives me something to think about and for this, I thank you <3

10. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

It kind of clarifies the usage of animal and human materials used for the preparation of homeopathic medicines.

"Homeopathic medicines or their stocks/mother tinctures are prepared from
    natural or synthetic sources that are referenced in pharmacopoeial monographs
    or other recognized documents. Not considering imponderabilia, the source
    materials for homeopathic medicines may consist of the following:
    • plant material such as: roots, stems, leaves, flowers, bark, pollen, lichen,
    moss, ferns and algae;
    • microorganisms such as: fungi, bacteria, viruses and plant parasites;
    • animal materials such as: whole animals, animal organs, tissues, secretions,
    cell lines, toxins, nosodes, blood products;
    • human materials such as: tissues, secretions, cell lines and endogenous
    molecules such as hormones;
    • minerals and chemicals."

source https://www.who.int/medicines/areas/traditional/Homeopathy.pdf

p.s. i have not read the entire document though.

11. horsesmouth

Gee...human materials?
    I used to have those long time back.. but back then I used to have non-vegetarian too.

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

This was just an example. There might be many other instances of Veggies consuming Non-veg stuff without even noticing.

13. Somu_Hardrock

Somu_Hardrock New Member

Whoa!! But may i say something...
    In their truest literary senses :
    Vegetarian --> do not eat meat, fish or poultry but they tend to consume dairy products and eggs.
    Vegans --> eliminate all animal products from their diet, including dairy and eggs.

[Ref: Vegan vs Vegetarian - Difference and Comparison | Diffen ]

So, eggs are Vegetarian, but certainly not vegan!

Again, as per hinduism, i guess strict vegetarians should call themselves : "Vege-gans" (P.S. My new favourite fake word!)
    Coz they are not really excluding milk from their diet, are they? But eggs -

Uh let me code it in XML :
    <script type="TEXT/Bullshit">
    < German_accent>
    "It came out of z bum of z hen. I shalt notz (z)eat it!!"
    </German_accent>
    </script>

:p:

14. Somu_Hardrock

Somu_Hardrock New Member

Oh, and also, has anyone ever owned a cute little bunny? (P.S. Not the evil, sent from hell types.. the regular, cute and cuddly type.)
    They eat in small amounts all day.. why? Primary herbivore --> tend to get small amounts of energy each feeding, multiple times daily. i.e., they get very small amounts of energy every time they eat a serving of grass (or whatever they are feeding on, other than your affectionate kisses!). So to get enough energy to survive they have to eat any times a day (Mine seems to just keep eating, and look at everyone with those big, beady, cute eyes all day long :p ). What i'm trying to say is the calorific value of food along with its volume (otherwise you feel hungry). So, in a sense, eating the same amount of ONLY meat as a vegetarian serving will produce a HELL LOT more energy on complete digestion. But i don't really remember eating only meat during a meal, other than KFC Of course!!

Personal Opinion --> All are chemicals (organic, inorganic or ALIEN :)O) !!) - So just eat whatever keeps you happy and going through the day.. Other than KCN - guessing it doesn't really taste good!

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

When are you cutting open that bunny for the feast?

:boff:

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I ate a roast rabbit once. I felt a little bad the next time I saw a live one because I wanted to eat it.

alpha1 likes this.
  17. Somu_Hardrock

Somu_Hardrock New Member

Aaaahhhh!! You monsters!!
    <al_pacino_voice>
    Don't you know me?
    Don't you know that that's an impossibility?
    That that could never happen?
    That I'd use my power... all my power, to keep something like that from happening?
    Don't you know that?
    </al_pacino_voice>

Shoots you in the face... :dance:

18. horsesmouth

I could never get myself to eating anything other than the usual fresh water fishes and chicken.
    I hated any other meat, and puked once when I had to have prawns.

19. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

20. horsesmouth

^I'd rather not ever want to.
    But anyway, how's that supposed to improve its taste? It's like fermentation...like apples rot, and can't therefore be eaten.