Veg/ Non-veg?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by horsesmouth, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

in that case, you've yet to meet a lot of people.

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I would love to meet those people ... but they don't exist... sadly!

3. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

No heat is not the usual heat. Such food that causes your balance to tip off to one side of any bad thing: cough, gas, or bile, is bad. 'Hot' is what causes your system secrete more bile than is required. You get the feeling in "sour burps" (I don't know what that is called in correct terms)

My metabolism is different, so I tend to produce a lot of bile, depending on what I consume. At its peak, it flows into your blood stream and is deposited under your skin. As a mechanism, the body develops allergies to it. Every square-inch of my body was full of itchy red blisters, that when scratched, would grow exponentially. I had a gross-looking picture of it till recently, but can't find it.
    After everything else, I resorted to ayurvedic treatment, that included blood removal, enema (a lot), vomiting, and forbidden eatables: no outside food, no spicy/pungent food, no non-vegetarian, less oily food, no mango pickle, fenugreek, bitter gourd, curd and milk till it subsided. Took a lot of self control, going to parties and watching my friends eating.

It did. And now I can revert to those items, but should be careful not to consume large and unseasonal food.
    I know what it was. I used to writhe on my bed, not in pain, but uncontrollable itch. Hell.

4. horsesmouth

not in the restaurants you usually dine in..
    ;-)

5. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

You guys are not helping either... Help me find them... The virtual beings...

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Thankfully, your having met a certain type of people is not a prerequisite to their existence.

p.s.- I'm not sure how the second part of your post is relevant...?

7. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Make me believe they exist...
    It was just a random thing.. not relevant to your post but maybe to the discussion as a whole...

8. ubergon

ubergon New Member

This question has no right answers since both sides are right or wrong at same time. We live in a world of contradiction where nothing is wrong. Everything can be proven right by some logic.

So how do we decide what is right for us? Do what is seems moral to you.

9. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

You could live under a rock and not believe in the sun, for what its worth. It wouldn't make the sun a myth.

10. horsesmouth

Vegan Awards
    maybe?

or announce on your facebook account.. "any vegans?"

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

What i am trying to say here is that no matter how much you try to avoid non-veg you'll still eat it in a way or the other... No one is perfectly veg is what i think.
    Lets take an example here of Gelatin... Google for it and see what it is made of and in what all products it is used... Everyone would have consumed it or still consumes it in some form without even noticing.

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

No one believed that the Earth is round when the idea was first proposed but with proper evidences they believed...

13. horsesmouth

I'm sure this is not what they use when they say that 'some' product is 100% vegetarian.
    I make sure I check the composition of most other things I eat, including egg content in cakes and chocolates.

*Before you comment, yes, you can have my share the next time.

14. wylder

wylder Member

I can understand eating vegan because you think its more healthy but why the insistence on your food not being "contaminated" by particles from animal sources?

That's what I find ridicuous about the vegans out here... They cannot tolerate flesh eating humans!!!

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'm not sure how that is relevant to what I said...?

16. Morbid_Angel

lolwut?...

17. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

"Skepticism is the first step toward truth."

18. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Can't you read? I guess it's time to visit an ophthalmologist and if doesn't work maybe you can just try to STFU? Trust me it really helps..

19. Morbid_Angel

hahhaha awwww did i offend you so much? here, have a hug! :]]

and by the way, you have contributed nothing to this thread as most other members on this forum can testify. you just keep throwing one liners in every post of yours hoping to sound provocative and intelligent (read: troll) and then end up not backing it up at all or if so, with vague responses like your last one. i honestly don't know why you try to have discussions on these kind of topics but of course i won't tell you what to do as i'm not one to mind others' business unlike you.

20. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Still not relevant...I understand what you're saying but your argument really isn't logically sound. Vegetarianism isn't really a fact to be thwarted. It's a term coined by people like us to describe a particular type of eating habit to make it easier to classify.....practically used everyday by restaurants, food companies and people alike because it makes it easier to serve them food. Vegetarians are known to be averse to eating meat though they are known to use animal products. You could eat a buffalo once but you would still be classified a vegetarian if you don't want to again because that is your general eating habit. Calling vegetarianism a myth is almost the equivalent of calling a table a myth. People who do not consume even animal products such as milk are called Vegans. They exist as well as a subset of vegetarians. They are defined as a different group because it makes it easier to serve them as per their preferences. To sum up, preferences != fact

If you're talking about the moral high ground of vegetarianism being a myth, alpha1 and I have already pointed out that we agree. There really isn't a lot to discuss there with me though I'd like to understand a sound contrary viewpoint to this.