Valve Amps And Tube Amps

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DrSaurabh, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. DrSaurabh

    DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

    i was looking for amps to buy.......and needed help..waht are valve amps and tube amps.....whats the diff b/w the two..and if am looking to buy marshalls for say around 15-30w what is the best choice..with the price....
  2. h4f0n

    h4f0n New Member

    Valve amps and tube amps are the same, its just there is an american way (tube) and a british way (valve) to call them, search the internet to see how they work etc..

    hmmm, nver seen a 15 to 30 watt valve marshall, check there site maybe there is something, as for price cant help you, im not from india :p

    PS: do u have valve amps in india? cool
  3. h4f0n

    h4f0n New Member

    check that one out, this one is a hybrid, it only has tubes in the preamp section(1 tube)
    normall tube amps have tubes in the preamp and power amp section and have more than 1 tube in each,normally from 3 to 5 in the preamp and 2 to 4 in the power amp

    never tried it out but its worth checking out if u have them over there and dont think its very expensive
  4. DrSaurabh

    DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

    how dooes the sound differ though.....does it differ........thanx tho
  5. jayanth

    jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

    A tube amp will sound like Heaven On Earth.. While A valve will sound like Heaven On HEaven..

Share This Page