Vai & Satriani

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by DrSaurabh, Aug 9, 2004.

1. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

I have been wondering, how these people get those wierd sounds outt of their guitars...anyone have an idea..:confused: and what is the big deal with the Edge bridgr in satriani series ibanezs....
    thanx people....
    come to think of it..waht is the big deal with a tune-o-matic bridge..have had it ..and doesnt feel any diff... :think:

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Bu y those pedals and mix and match.. I can help you.. Give me like 30,000 Rs..

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

if i had 30K lying around i wudve got he LP rt now insted of importing it which is gonna take 3-4 months :(.....
    the sounds which vai makes at the end of for the love of god are too bizarre though....sound good...

4. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

The sound in "whispering a prayer" by vai is also amazing - he did real weird things when I saw him live, like he bent a note but it was bending over two octaves in some weird way! And then he played with his tongue...
    And then there was malmsteen, he had a gadget that made his guitar sound like a violin - and he played a whole symphony sounding like an orchestra! it was amazing...

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

ive tried to play my guitar with my teeth could never do it....and hendrix used to set his on fire...and play it...

6. jayanth

I can Play Bad Horsie not e to note.. Learnt it like a year back.. Seems like a cool song.. I also PLay Blood and Tears and For the Love..

My gadget also makes my guitar sound like Violin.. Its easy..

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

but how does one play with teeth
    @jay...y wud anyone wanna make the guitar souund like a violin...the guiitar sounds beautiful as it is...;)

8. jayanth

I used it in one of these hindustani solo in an own song.. THats where it helps. When you experiment..

9. vocalist

vocalist Banned

who is that

10. lol....he doesnt actually play with his tounge..if u notice he has his whammy bar pressed down when he is supposedly playin with his tounge..
    thats what showmanship probably is..
    ive got a video of malmsteen where his guitar sounds like a violin..and its not any gadget...
    its just his guitar...the volume knob of the fender strat is very near to the bridge ...so what he does is keeps lowering and increasing the volume repeatedly while at the same time he is also pickin and playin the notes..
    btw..
    MALMSTEEN HAS WRITTEN AN ALBUM FOR AN ORCHESTRA..
    its called CONCERTO SUITE FOR ELECTRIC GUITAR IN Eb MINOR..
    check it out..its gr8 and that piece he played is fugue..
    he has played it with a backin track in g3...

11. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

chk out vai.com
    he has an article on making weird sounds.