[V] Launchpad 09

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by thedisciple, Mar 27, 2009.

1. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

So Launchpad returns this yr with new jury,improved production scale, new base(previosly was hard rock cafe now its blue frog )
    thk god for tat,beer there is insanely overpriced!
    nd an altogether new format.
    Language no bar..
    But the problem is after watching 2 eps as of now i found all the bands quiet lame. Which is really sad.
    What do u ppl have to say abt this?
    P.s: where the eff is luke kenny?

2. distorted

distorted satan

Not all were lame mate, a few were gud... Blank noize, cassini's division, workshop, circus... I heard faridkot won?

3. unet

unet New Member

Workshop and Reverse Polarity were great.

I'm rooting for reverse polarity coz my band jams at the RP bassists house. :D

4. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Well yeah but still nothing close to last yrs .
    The workshop dudes performed in our college rock fest last yr,but they lost to a hindi band...calld Ruhh.. If u remember they din even quality 4 the 2nd rd.

5. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Reverse polarity is gud..but they r better off without the vocalist imo.

6. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

^^ which coll fest u talkin abt?

7. unet

unet New Member

Workshop is freaking hilarious!
    It's so weird seeing the Demonstealer doing Chipmunk voices...

They played for some fest last year when i first saw them [headlining].
    Really liked their stuff...

8. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

workshop was quite good!

9. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

ya this year most of the bands are lame. i liked workshop and that band with old people :p

10. slayersid18

slayersid18 New Member

btw i missed the last two launchpads....i know its terrible i should probably shoot myself but my cable operator is a f****ng momo....anyone cud tell me what was the scene in the last 2???I know Them Clones won, was it 1 or 2???
    I saw the 2007 launchpad on youtube, that was freaking awesome!!!!But only 8 episodes, that sucks man.....

This time bands are not as diverse as the 2007 one audition i saw on tube....mostly guys aping rock on....

11. unet

unet New Member

Which pisses me off to no end, because that's not really "Rock" is it now?

12. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

07 edition was friggin' awesome! thx to bhayanak maut,the superfuzz nd co.

13. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

What abt Faridkot? I think they r a kicka$s band...their stuff is unique and most importantly, honest.

14. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

Faridkot is orginal, infact very unlike others...so quite good for the ears........

15. rishabh0309

rishabh0309 New Member

Faridkot is damn good.....

unfortunately they lost in d finals.....

but i love their songs....

16. distorted

distorted satan

for me faridkot is quite mainstream music... so i dint want them to win... RP winning is rly a gud news... hope it gives the stereotyped indian audiance a dose of metal... thou i rly liked circus n workshop. thou workshop dint perform rly well in the show, all d more they were projected worse on the tv just to get the humour factor... but sahil makhija is THE man...
    overall not tooo disappointed by the launchpad just cause RP won... odrwise they ripoff the bands fr the trp...

17. shadynike

shadynike New Member

can somebody plss give me da lyrics of da song laila??
    da part i heard was awsome ..
    i thought tht instead of da pop kind of beat they couldve used a more conventional beat with some distorted bass n rythm.. but thts just me..