Use Slides on the steel string accoustic guitar [Glass Make / Brass Make]

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dhim, Jul 22, 2004.

1. dhim

dhim New Member

1. Can I use Slides on the steel string accoustic guitar [Glass Make / Brass Make]

2. If yes then how much will it cost ??

Thanx,

DHiM

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

YOu can only use Glass slides on Acoustic.. It costs somewhere between 1$ - 16 $ .. The ones i have the PYREX 101 series costs 3.60$ thats somewhere areound 180 Rs..

3. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i use a broken bottle neck for a glass slide....cost me just my momma's scolding :)
    :p

4. jayanth

Been there.. Vodka bottke.. Break it and heat it and shape it and use it..

5. alex

alex New Member

more info on slide

Hi guys!

i have no idea wht u r talking about wht is a slide ? for wht ist used ? is this a add on to do slide??

i only know 2 slide / \ up & down used while playing , & i do that wel on my acoustic guitar.

i m must say that its a great site to learn - and i have got a lot from here,

thnx to all of u ....

6. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

I slide is something you wear on your finger(usually the index, I think) which gives you a nice watery sliding effect.

7. 6String_assasin

its usually of steel or glass...
    wear it on the pinky..u'll find it better as u have more options open to use the other three fingers.

8. dhim

dhim New Member

Picture of a slide

Please find in here attached a picture of a slide.

Hope this helps !!!

Regards,

DHiM

Attached Files:

9. jayanth

The regular /\ slide is whaty you do with fingers.. Slide is used t ocreate a continuous pitch increasing of decreasing sound withour having and rough rides or bumps..

10. 6String_assasin

no speedbreakers!
    i know sad joke...

11. 6String_assasin

really sad wen i read it again...

12. alex

alex New Member

thanx a lot for the info guys! i 'll tr to get 1 glass slide- since i had an acoustic guitar- and see how it sounds, ,,,,

thnx for the pic dhim !!!

does it more often used with electric guitar ?? or people do use it with acoustic , and does it put any extra effect - when used with electric ??

13. jayanth

Not necessarily.. I use Glass on Acoustic to avoid Metal - Metal contact which will throw the Song away.. glass with be more smooth..

It does have a diffferent if not extra effect when used with Distortion on Electric guitars.,.