Use AntiVir for free with daily Update

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by gm_bayzid, Sep 11, 2005.

1. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Hi Friends,

In the world of Open Source... why you are going for costly AntiVirus softwares... here's a Classic software for you... me and my friends are using this for the last 2 years for free... its called AntiVir... its a free Anti Virus software for personal use and you can update it daily for free... just download it... click the following link

AntiVir Official Site

Hope you'll be helpfulllll with it... thanks... if you have any ques you can ask me...

2. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

hows it any diffferent from the antivirus that we use..?? :think:

3. mr singh

mr singh New Member

i will check it out, but really i already hav norton 2k5 system works for free, so i not 2 bothered...
    neway what does this thing offer?

4. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

^^:shock:..bah' bah'...U want me to rep you??
    yes/no??:think:

5. nik_bokacheley

^^thiz above post was for gm_bayzid SIR...plzz take care..abt that..!!

6. mr singh

mr singh New Member

rep me please :) it makes me happy... lol

7. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Ok the basic thing of AntiVir is they update their Virus Definition file 2/3 times a day and you can download it using the software and it also activated all the time and with high security... just try it... if you don't like it then its diff...

8. mr singh

mr singh New Member

very well, i shal proceed and giv it a try

9. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

thanks Mr Singh... just try it... best of luck...

10. mr singh

mr singh New Member

i think the scan is 2 slooowww... n i cant really b bothered 2 try out the rest of the stuff... ill try it sum otha time and giv it my full verdict :)

11. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

sure man...

12. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

well if the update is 2-3 times a day.. then it means that its security is not so powerful.. and they have to keep on updating :p:

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey gm? ... y are u so strongly lobbying for it?

14. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

ha ha... I am not lobbying for it... actually I am in the field of Open Source and I promote all free good softwares... thats it...

and as rijaaz said... ok the Update thing is upto you... they will not update it unless you send a request... so security issues are clear...

15. nik_bokacheley

^^I give a HELL to AntiVir..!! I've norton 05!! And am satisfied..Pay me Rs. 100 and I send you the CD!!:)

16. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

hey u developer/tester or promoter in open source community? *drool*

17. mr singh

mr singh New Member

y rip the guy off for the cd of norton2k5...
    dwnload it usin bit torrent...
    if u r a fan of open source programs consider using peerguardian to help block people from seein what ur doin kinda thing...
    this antivir aint all that its way 2 slow ad i dont like the interface 2 much... norton 2k5 serves me well :)

18. gm_bayzid

gm_bayzid New Member

Thanks Mr Singh for trying it... and other too...

19. jekyll

jekyll Banned

hey dude i have been using it for past 14 days now, i cannot say that it is working fine (coz that can never be tested), but as soon as it fails, i will tell u.

b.t.w. NORTON suxxxxxxxx big time. saalaa that program made so many entries into my registry, i could not offload it competely, i had to manually delete all the entries. + it used to slow my PC up, whether am opening a browser or downloading a file.
    Right now using McAfee (which takes less of the system resoursces and this Anti Vir)

20. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

USE AVAST INSTEAD U GET FREE REGISTRATION CODE EACH YEAR FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE VIRUS DATABASE IS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED ITHIN SECONDS N IT IS REALLY WORKING FOR ME

(well zoom told me abt AVG but the version i got had ssome download problems so u can try avg also)