USB Ports...

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Asmodeus, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hey.. help me out here...
    Im currently on a PII MMX with 32-Mb Ram... 266Mhz...
    I dunn have a USB port installed o my machine... can I like get it installed now??? How much will it cost???

And does ne1 have ne ideas bout a good, mp3 player??? My budget's not dat high... and also, what about Headphones??? I wanna go in for the ones with an inbuilt mike... any suggestions???

2. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

well for usb, you can use the PCI USB card i guess. and if its PII then it shud have the pci slot.. its price ranges are from 13$ to 17$.. there are some pci usb cards with Firewall.. they are a bit expensive, starting around 50$...

3. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

4. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

USB PCI Cards costs 400bucks man or even less

Just go to Lamington Road and you would get one!
    I just came back from Mumbai...
    Check out this place(Wholesale Dealer):
    Lakhmichand & Co (Lamington Road, Grant Road(E))
    Ph: 39519397/39509150

From above seller, i got a USB stick! Its a mighty big showroom and all wholesale prices!
    Another suggestion, go for a USB1.1 PCI Card, as USB 2.0 cards may be little too much for ur hardware!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

5. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I'm surprised u don't have a USB port
    I've found USB ports in my VERY old PI 166MMX pc..
    just take a cloth, wipe the dust off the back of the pc and check again! ;)

6. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

about the headphones try out Intex headphones . they come with a microphone but do not have too good a sound quality. they are quite cheap that way . they come around rs 70. and a bigger version with better sound about 180. check em out .. other makes of sony and all are quite expensive abuot rs 700 - 800

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Thanks people... will do...

8. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

wat i wud do is buy a usb slot and have 1 fitted into the computer... then i would get one of those 4 in 1..... or those kinds and fit that into the one USB port... u can have more and it costs less

9. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

@rockin'away: Mate, i have personally tried those 1 port to split them to 4 USB ports...but those tend to create problems!
    Like my USB-Drive, needs to be plugged in the direct hardware port itself!
    Reason?
    The splitter arent manufactured perfectly...so each port dont get the required power supply and so specific devices dont function properly!
    My DKU-5 Datacable worked fine from both & also the printers & scanners!

But power-specific devices like USB-Drives dont work!

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

10. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

ya.. exactly zoom.. i have also used that.. its not very handy for flask disks... but its very good for printers.. actually i was having a business of ink refilling .. so i used it for connecting all printers at once.. inorder to test it....

11. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

well this computer has one and it works fine!.... well thought i wud just give a suggestion..

12. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

i have a phillips mp3 playa. its nice. also i-pods are reducing there prices i believe.

13. nadish

nadish Active Member

Its not a big deal. U can get a USB card for just 300-350 Rs.

14. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

well i'm using a frontech head JIL-3465 headphones and it has perfect sound quality
    a built in mic and low price.i bought it last year and it cost me around Rs300 but by now the prices should have gone down a lot. the original price of this set was Rs 750 during its launch.

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Hmm... thanks for the info...
    Lesse where this leads us to!