urgent tips

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by rusky31, Nov 22, 2011.

1. rusky31

rusky31 New Member

hello everyone..i m beginner.i m planning to buy a acoustic guitar in range betn 10000-15000.please suggest me the best brand easily availabe in nagpur.its a one time purchase so suggest me the best thing..should i buy a simple acoustic or a semi electric guitar..can a semi electric guitar in future act like a electic guitar after attaching a processor and amplifier..thanks

2. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

see different guitars have different sound characteristics...a semi acoustic guitar with a pickup can be easily connected to an amplifier but the but the sound would be different from a solid body guitar...in your price range i would say go with ovation guitars...,or yamaha fg series or cort earth...as you mentioned you are a beginner...i will suggest you to buy an acoustic or a semi acoustic guitar...later you can opt for solid body electric guitars

3. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

hey..a nagpuian?! citymates!! :D

go to bhandakkars and ask for the new GB&A solid wooden body finish that came..its brown..dont remember the model but it sounds awol!

also, greneda guitars are decent..but, if u want my opinion, dont buy from nagpur at all..luk for seagull acoustics..THE best out there! taylors might be hard to get..not so sure about yamaha..but worth a shot..and if u realy need my help..let me know and il accompany u..

4. Sumanovo razor

dude are you kidding me...look at the budget he mentioned...10-15k.(assuming to be INR...)seagull guitars that to in his budget...haha...the cheapest seagull guitar's price i saw in saptaswara musicals chennai was 32k...

5. faraz.bronx

faraz.bronx New Member

yeah i got a bit xcited...my bad..but thn again..to err is man.. :D

GB&A mast hai..also pluto is cool too..forget seagull..i wont be able to afford it :D

6. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

Wow that makes the nagpur count to three, cheers faraz and rusky.

7. ayu135

ayu135 New Member

And as for the question on acoustic electric acting as electric. No they are two different types and and each uses different principles to produce sound. I dont know but the idea of a distorted acoustic playing master of puppets sounds weird to me.

8. Sumanovo razor

'why the world has moved on to metal:('in your budget only yamaha fg 700s and other fg series,ovation,takamine...dont go with granada, pluto,gb§a...in this budget...by the way electro acoustic and semi acoustic are two different things...you cant compare a gibson j200(electro acoustic) with a gibson es335(semi acoustic)...

9. deepsal

deepsal New Member

yamaha fg700s or fg730s..
    enuff said

10. aryasridhar

aryasridhar New Member

I owned a Takamine G320, it was a great sounding guitar and very expensive looking (does matter a little), however it was superb in terms of the tone. Had a laminated spruce top, great finish, easy to play, But then i sold it to a friend coz i got an awesome deal on a Taylor Mini - Sounds fantastic for just 9k, sold the Takamine for 7k, added 2k for the Taylor, its small but i am loving it, fantastic guitar.
    Takamine guitars are great value for money, you may also try out Fender guitars as well, I am not sure if they are available in Nagpur though, but Reynolds at bangalore has it, you may want to check with them.

11. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

from your thoughts it seems like u r planning to buy an electric in the future.. Go ahead with a medium sized Pluto, Granada and save up for a good electric guitar .

12. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Pluto granada will cost u around 3.5K