Urgent:required Loctions Of Guitar Shops In Dubai

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by michael5681, Feb 20, 2007.

1. michael5681

michael5681 New Member

HEY GUYS MY UNCLE'S GOING TO DUBAI.HE WILL GET ME A GUITAR.SO I NEEDED TO KNOW QUICKLY FROM WHERE TO BUY AND WHERE ARE GUITARS AVAILABE IN DUBAI.mOST PROBABLY GOTTA GET EPIPHONE LES PAUL OR BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD ONYX OR BLACK.THIS IS URGENT .HE 'S GONNA GO QUICKLY
    .AND WAT ABOUT DUITES FOR HIM BRINGING IN THE GUITAR

2. michael5681

michael5681 New Member

This Is Because I M Not Able To Get Epiphone Les Paul In India Which Is My First Priority

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

vbpart4 should be able to help you out. There are shops near a place called Fish Round About..they had jacksons and ibanez guitars last year...

4. DagMX

DagMX New Member

umm, not sure about dubai, but www.bajaao.com has epiphones and bcrich mockingbirds and bhatia musicals in delhi has mockingbirds

5. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

aah dont waste time on a Bronze series...get a Epiphone or an Ibanez

6. DagMX

DagMX New Member

he doesnt necessarily have to get a bronze series though. the platinums and the others are quite nice.
    I'd actually recomend an ibanez or a washburn x-series though. they arent that heavy and they play well and they dont limit you in the future. B.C.Rich and epiphone les pauls are equally nice, but they're quite heavy.

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

heavy is good...thicker denser wood...more sustain....

8. DagMX

DagMX New Member

true, but lighter is easier to begin with and to gig with. plus ibanez don't really use crap woods so you still get nice sound.

But its preference I guess. I really do like weighty guitars myself. Makes you feel like you got a monster in your hands.

@michael, I'd actually recomend getting the guitar from here first to see which one you like better. You can get the ones your looking for in India

9. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

I have some folks in Dubai, but they're kinda guitar-dumb. Do you think you can get a sort of a price list or something from some of the shops there?

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

@DagMx : Ibanez uses basswood which is pretty crappy for anything else other than metal....

11. DagMX

DagMX New Member

i know you didnt say they ONLY use it, but still
    https://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG321MH
    there are ones with mahogany etc...

12. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Oh why label wood by genre?

Just because basswood isn't as warm as mahogany does not make it unsuitable for other music. Vai's Ibanez is basswood. Of course, Vai plays metal right?

George Benson - Ibanez
    Pat Methney - Ibanez

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

most of the lower ends (below 20k) come with basswood

14. DagMX

DagMX New Member

well said.

and @laney, yeah but basswood isn't actually bad. everythng about a guitar is suited to the person who plays it. Someone might like swamp ash, another might like basswood.
    which is why i think he should try out the guitars in a store first to see how it suits him.

15. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

ok...let him try them out