Urgent Help With Processor (Deep Confusion)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shyco, Apr 20, 2011.

1. shyco

shyco New Member

need urgent help in choosing a processor i like to play metal and rock ,i was suggested
    Digitech Rp155 and Koeg AX5G
    i don knw which 2 buy plz do help me with this,it wud b of gr8 help! :)

2. Yamla Jat

Yamla Jat New Member

Korg looks the better one. Why not go pure digital/software based and some foot controls? That way you are not limited to a number of fx.

Do you perform?

3. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Why don't you buy a distortion pedal instead of a processor?

4. shyco

shyco New Member

@bcrich- i can use the processor to play not only distortion but also other effects,but on a distortion pedal im limited with options...so i thought of buyin a proccessor

5. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Out of those 2 alone, the Korg is better. Whats your budget?

6. deepsal

deepsal New Member

Again if your amp dosent has an effects loop(comes in costly amps)no use of getting modelers
    the modelers you mentioned are digital and shit sounding
    get a decent amp instead noob

7. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Now, I can't help you with that. If you want a bunch of shit sounding effects instead of one decent sounding distortion pedal, then you'll regret not buying a pedal. I still say buy a single distortion pedal which suits you in playing metal/rock like a metal muff, Metalizer, Uber metal
    Wylde overdrive, or a Metal master. Try these instead of getting a whole bunch of average effects, you'll not regret it.

8. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

as bcrich said.....u shld buy separate pedals of ur taste if u want a genuine effect.....specially for a distorted or delayed sound....yes it can be expensive....but personally i'll never suggest u to buy a processor....cuz u'll throw it in trash after few days....

but still if u want to choose.....i'll vote for korg ( i've heard its good, never used)

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

^What the sh1t is goin on here... You yourself donno bout wat gear to buy and you're suggesting people? .. If you donno sh1t bout gear just STFU...

10. harmonizer

i've used pedals bro....nt processors.....and suggestion was personal as i said

m not experienced as u ofcourse.... but me n my mates hate processors

peace

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

I wonder how you really tried pedals without an amp? What all pedals have you tried by the way?

12. bcrich

bcrich New Member

bwaahhahaha!!!

13. harmonizer

i dont own any.....1 of my frnd does.....i dont hv amp/pedals that doesn't mean i cant use any pedal....i saw electric guitar 4 d 1st time at my trainer's place....he was using a small yamaha amp with a zoom processor ....a few days back...my friend bought av3, roland microcube frm mumbai....he already had a t-rex distortion pedal....it seemed far better than zoom....his uncle who gives guitar part in tv channel 'colours' gave us some tips too....and said to prefer pedals for a genuine tone.......i dont hav anybody to lead me in my city....so i follow my seniors....and i dont think his uncle will mislead me.....

when i started my thread, that time i was also in mumbai.....but couldn't buy due to shortage of money......i've always used electric guitar/amp/pedal of my friend.....i cant throw money as he can....if it is my fault then u can laugh on me for sure....but i share what i know.....m quiet if i dont know...let me know if i went wrong

peace

14. bcrich

bcrich New Member

I'm with you.. \m/

15. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

@Harmonizer: You still don't qualify to suggest gear to people and play with their money. Take care next time.

16. harmonizer

ok i will :)

17. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

Korg AX5G

Go for KORG AX5G without a second thought (Cost me arnd 6k) ... I use it, and it has very gud effects [including a Wah-wah pedal too :)] ... Single pedals are very xpensive and if u try to make ur custom pedalboard, u'll need to have a deep pocket

@To all others: Those who say processors sound shit, I'll say first u rather try them and then give an opinion ... This guy needs help and evry1 has their own individual choice, so it'll be better if sm1 gave him good advice rather than bickering about processors and pedals

18. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Tried. Tested. And I'm giving an opinion, THEY DO SOUND LIKE S**T..

19. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

@Bcrich: I'm sorry, but you're sadly mistaken ... Not all processors sound like s**t, but then you are entitled to your opinion

20. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Obviously, I'm not talking about a G-Major from TC!