urgent help required....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by limpbelevr, Feb 16, 2009.

1. limpbelevr

limpbelevr New Member

hey guys..i would like to get my jackson set up...there is just too much buzz and increasing the action makes it unplayable...i think the fret board is bent or some thing...the more i try the more i keep spoiling it...do you know anyone in delhi who is epert in setups...apart from onstage...n there is too much of unwanted noise....i showed it to onstage he couldnt figure it out...plz help asap...

2. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

a) Does it have a truss rod? (Google if you do not know what a truss rod is)
    b) What kind of unwanted noise? Are you sure it's from your guitar and not the amp/pedals? Check your wiring......are all the grounds soldered to one point? grounds loops can cause unwanted hum? Do you play in a place with lots of fluorescent lighting? That might cause hum in your pedals/amps. Is your equipment properly grounded? Is the ground in the place you play good?

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

If your guitar neck is bent:
    Truss rod adjustment usually solves most of the problems. Its a very simple adjustment, however, most of the IGT folks and other guitarists like to raise a big hue and cry and make it sound like some rocket science that only expert technicians should handle it.

Anyways if you were in a position to adjust yourself, then you would've done it by now, instead of asking here.

And if adjusting also doesnt help, then you would need to file the frets.

But in all these cases you WOULD have to go to the guitar shop.
    Strange that Onstage ppl were so clueless.

Now as suggested by Pacifist, electrical can also be a problem for noise/buzz.
    But then if you guitar is buzzing while it is not plugged, it rules out electricals.
    On the other hand, if it is electricals, the buzz would be audible even if you don't pluck the strings. I mean that the noise would exist not only while you are playing, but also while the guitar is not being played.

4. limpbelevr

limpbelevr New Member

i tried adjusting the truss rod only to make it worse...bout the noise..the guy at onstage said somethin wrong with pick ups...he said wiring is fine..how is bhatia at doin set ups and all..