URGENT HELP NEEDED... Plz dont ignore this post :-(

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by arunthegr8, Mar 6, 2008.

1. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

Hey guys... i need ur help n u gotta help me out..

my dad is now in delhi and will stay there for another day. so i asked him to check ou the prices of some guitar gear out there at "Bharat Music House". Well he hasent visited it yet but he called the shop to check out the prices.
    I am going to kolkata on 27th this month and i too called up a shop called "Briganza & Co" in Kolkata to check out the prices of the same guitar gear my dad checked out at delhi; and there is an guge price difference. They are like this:

Product --------------- Price in Delhi ------ Price in Kolkata

Yamaha Pacifica 012 --- Rs 9000 ---------- Rs 11000

Zoom G2 -------------- Rs 3500 ---------- Rs 5000

What i wanted to know that Since you can see that the price difference is very huge, i thought that i may get the guitar n effect from delhi; but in Kolkata, i will be able to see the guitar and effect physically.

BUT MY MAIN CONCERN IS THAT SINCE THEY ARE SO CHEAP OUT IN DELHI, I SUSPECT WEATHER THEY ARE DUPLICATE GOODS. I MEAN IS IT POSSIBLE THET "Bharat Music House" MAY SELL DUPLICATE GOODS?

IS THERE ANY WAY THAT I CAN TELL MY DAD SO THAT HE CAN CHECK WEATHER IF THE GUITAR AND EFFECT ARE "ORIGINAL"?
    I must tell you that my dad doesnt know anything about guitars. so answer accordingly.

PLZ HELP ME OUT GUYS... I NEED IT BADLY.. :-(

Reply as soon a u can guys... i am counting on you.....

2. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

cant be duplicate..i suggest u go in fr a squire

3. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

which model should i consider for fender squire ... i have a budget of 10-11K

and u say that it cant be aduplicate... how??

4. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

bharat music house as far as i know is a reputed store....

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

u wont get a fake one at bharat... its one of the good reppo stores of delhi.. and tell ur dad to bargain to, theyll still lower there price...

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

well as long as u cant try the stuff urself, why not get it from bajaao.com? Everyone here will vouch for that. I am especially a fan.

7. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

well bajaoo.com is, well u know, kinda costly.. n the shipping charges will b extra

8. dhirajsapkal

dhirajsapkal New Member

what about warranty??.... as far as i know.., you have to return the guitar to the store from where you bought it to claim warranty..... so i think you could try bargaining at your local guitar shop or buy it from bajaao..... although i may be wrong about the warranty part.... if its an all india warranty then go ahead and buy it...... since your dad doesn't know anything about guitars, you can ask him to check for the finish, check if the pickups are firmly attached, etc...

9. radicalz_adi

radicalz_adi New Member

well id prefer bajaao anytime...they mite be a bit expensive sometimes....but i hav a sense of loyalty plus faith in them...

10. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Bajaao is expensive. They charged me without actually shipping the said items. Then they said the item was out of stock. The item they did ship wasn't what I had ordered. All in all they got 2 out 4 items right. So, yeah, bajaao's no different from any other shop.

11. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

yeah i did try out my local dealer... but he sells a 9900 ibanez for 16000... now u tell me frm where i should buy...

12. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

do yamaha guitars come in a pack... like in a cardboard box or something like that...

13. dhirajsapkal

dhirajsapkal New Member

dude search around... theses gotta be tons of other shops in your locality..... and what if the guitar you buy gets screwed up and you have to go all the way to delhi to claim the warranty..... not to mention the numerous phone calls enquiring about weather they got your stuff or no..... and trust me, it takes days or even months before you'll get your guitar back...... you can go ahead and buy the processor if you like, but rethink about the guitar..... if you're trying to save a few thousand bucks, and (god forbid), your entire investment goes to waste then that'll really suck :p........ althou since its a yamaha i don't think there should be any problem for the first year atleast...... or try asking the guy at the shop (from where you're gonna buy) if you could claim your warranty from your locality...... if you can then ask your dad to buy me one too :p

cheers!

14. dhirajsapkal

dhirajsapkal New Member

since the original thread was about weather the guitar is original or not...... the guys who make fakes might as well sell it with their name on it while they're at it...... coz it is kinda difficult to make a guitar :p...... not to mention the fact that they have to work their ass off to make it and not associate it with their name....... but then again, china IS our neighbour..........

15. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

@all: bajaao is expensive and sends wrong stuff. hmm........here's where the phone call part comes in. 09322338513. Talk to Ashutosh. I bet if u r good he will give it to u pretty cheap. Atlest to me he does. And he ships fast and securely. I am totally loyal to that guy.

16. arunthegr8

arunthegr8 New Member

well... i was thinking about washburn n1.... but it doesnt have a temolo bar..
    so should i go for pacifica 112v or washburn n1?

17. -Nemesis-

-Nemesis- New Member

Go for the california Affinity Squier with HSS pickups..I loved that one...

Comes with a whammy..I guess the one I tried was the best in the entire store ! :)