ur favourite band

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by rizz, Feb 24, 2005.

1. tejas

tejas ..........

Nice list.

Mine would be.....

Megadeth - Been obsessed with them for 4 years now. Absolutely love their music.

Tool - A comparatively new obsession. But their music does something to me, that othes can't. I'm totally into them.

Also a big fan of Opeth and Nevermore.

2. rizz

rizz *Always 420*

hey guns n roses......i think ur fav band is guns n roses...hah???

mine is...
    1.nickelback( bcos thre vocal is exptional)
    2.godsmack
    3.seether
    4.megadeth
    5.iron maiden
    6.alter bridge
    7. calling
    and many...

spcialy.....System Of A Down

3. rizz

rizz *Always 420*

hey rijaj new avatur hah??

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

led zep
    metallica
    u2
    sum 41
    beatles

5. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

@ Mr. Scary - you really are the board ass arent you.

6. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

these days im really diggin Bach...so whateva band he was in :)

7. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

damn straight

8. guns n roses

i realized the sig. under your avatar used to be 5 words.

9. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

what what what...what you say man? ah? what you say!??!

10. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

I hate these kind of threads but I'm feeling a little relaxed today so I think I will make an effort to post objectively.

New Wave of British Heavy Metal:

Definitely my favorite category of metal.

Iron Maiden: Maiden were the band that got me into NWOBHM. I would definitely put them at the top of my favorite band of all-time.

Judas Priest: A close second is the Priest machine and now that Rob is back and I've heard the new album, I think the Priest is back and 'Screaming For Vengeance'.

Ozzy Osbourne: Randy Rhoads is one of my favorite guitarists and like many others I regularly associate him with God status. Rest in peace.

Death Metal:

A close second category is death metal which I have grown to love over the years.

Nile: No points for anyone who guessed this one. I would definitely consider Nile as the greatest death metal band in recent years. Seriously these guys kick ass. Highly recommended but not for the faint of heart.

Death: Chuck Schuldiner is my all-time inspiration as a musician, guitarist, songwriter, thinker and philosopher. The way he progressed as a songwriter is fantastic. His music has always been majestic and diverse. His death was one the world could have done without. Rest in peace.

Children of Bodom: Not really death metal but I didn't want to classify into Gothenburg etc...so here it is. Alexi Laiho is my guitar hero and the one whose music I turn to when I think of giving up guitar.

Speed Metal/Thrash Metal:

Metallica: Although the direction they have taken their music in the last decade is nothing short of disgusting, Metallica's first 4 albums were second to none when it came to defining thrash metal. The band that got me into metal (and no it was not the Black album...it was Ride The Lightning) will forever have a special place in my heart.

Megadeth: What is there to be said about this band that hasn't already been said? Marty Friedman and Dave Mustaine are probably the greatest guitar duo in the world as was well proved on Rust In Peace.

Slayer: Slayer have been a pretty big inspiration to me, especially their 80s work from Show No Mercy through till Seasons In The Abyss. Probably the only band of the Big Four who is still pumping out decent thrash, Slayer are a continuing inspiration to me.

11. guns n roses

^ you really love metal....'

@ Scary - can you hear me now?? good....

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Man the transition from acoustic to lethally distorted guitars is just the best of all times in Aap Ke Deewane. Its so sad that i cant listen to his majestic huitarring skills because you hardly get his stuff on the internet, and you can never get those alltime favourites in these f'd up stores :mad: . The shredding techniques of his are just in a class of their own. Could any righteous soul upload any of his works to feed the needy? Please.... :Worried:

13. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well todays my fav bands are

led zeppelin
    iron maiden
    black sabbath
    guns n roses
    ac /dc
    metallica

14. jekyll

jekyll Banned

BAND OF BOYS !!!!

:grin:

that would be my favorite band ... (interest limited only to music :p: )