ur BIGGEST REGRET IN GUITARING context!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vini, Jun 17, 2005.

1. themanwhorocks

themanwhorocks New Member

2. browneyegurlie

browneyegurlie Sweet as Honey

i regret starting to learn sooo late and yeh the fact i have small hands it makes playing slightly difficult at times :(

3. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

@Ssslayer. Improvisations are fun not just in Blues Rhythm. Even my band wants us to sound as close as possible to the originals. I am an exception here. They got tired asking me to stick to the original solo. I have almost told them strictly that I wont play the original solo in any song we play. Most of the times, they like my solo, so it's kinda okay till now.
    What do you mean by you cannot play continuously. Does it mean you are having difficulties in shifting from Lead to Rhythm and Rhythm to Lead. If so chuck your other guitarist for a while and play as a single guitarist. If you do so, you will find a way to do it. Play Hendrix or Leslie West songs who have a great style of integrated Rhythm / Lead style.

5. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

i wish i had started playing guitar 2 yrs back....

6. debankan

debankan The bassist from hell

My big regret is that I was unlucky enough to start with a hopeless teacher. :annoyed: If i had got a good teacher right from the start I would have been much further ahead than where i am now!!!! :phbbt:

7. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

i dunno my prob ... its like say the song is for 5 min ... i would play for 2 min ... and then for a moment kinda forget what to play ... :( .. and taht breaks it ... booo hoooo ...

i guess that has more to do with practice ... and yeah there is some time lag in shifting from rhythm to leads ... so i'll go with your advice ...

b.t.w. curretnly am in no band ... mebbe that is also a cuase for de-motivation ...

8. ronnieanand

@Ssslayer. This forgetting what to play next usually happens if you are not very thorough of how the song goes. Most of the times, it happens because you haven't heard it enough. Listen to the song and get extremely familiar with it even before you attempt the song. This might help you in remembering what to play. Form a band and play with the guys. At least play with a drummer. This will help a lot in band chemistry and also timing. Also you wont have the boredom of playing alone all the time.

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

totally agree with you dude ... most of the songs it happens that way ... but surprisingly it happens also for some songs which i know thoroughly (so much that i know which instrument plays what note) ...
    but still i goof ... e.g. Californication ... (i mean CAN ANYONE GET THAT SONG WRONG???) - hullo its me again ... :((

yest did some further analysis ... and found out that usually it occurs whenever the lick changes in the solo ...
    usually the solos are on the scale patterns ... closely placed on the fretboard ... vey good with that ... BUT ... whenever the pattern changes ... and the fret positions change ... this pause happens ... and not so surprisingly i can play the second lick quite fluently ...
    its only the transition where i fuck up ...

so let this be a kinda lesson to the guitar players ... practice licks ... practice scales ... but the most imp thing is to keep changing your positions on the fretboard ... i guess thats where am horrible ...

and to the band thing ... let this be a kinda "personals" advertisement:

10. ronnieanand

@Slayer. Hang around with a band. That's the easiest way to join a band. We had one of my friends who used to hang around with my previous band. We disbanded and chucked out the bassist and the vocalist. When searching for a new bassist, all the other guys had already decided on my friend to play the bass for us. It's much easier this way, then to form a band from the scratch.

11. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah ... thats anotha prob ... i dunno much (actually anything) about the rock scene here ...

not been here too long ...

12. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

my regrets.......NOT BEING RICH.....and of course STARTING OUT LATE........

13. shak

shak Harrr!

what does guitar playing has to do with being rich? ..
    anyone can afford a basic accoustic guitar i think!

14. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

latest regret :: i forgot to take my guitar to the guest house over the week!i ws bored to death!