ur BIGGEST REGRET IN GUITARING context!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by vini, Jun 17, 2005.

1. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

@ dennis .u are my hero.

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^ and u are mine :)

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

having once harboured thoughts about attempting to learn it.

4. vini

vini Repeat Offender

ok..i have 1 more..i bought a stupid 12 fretted givson guitar....boohoo..w/o a pickup ...hmmph..but many people at igt have the same guitar and they play nice music wid it so m trying 2 get over this regret :) tryinggg

tahda!!

5. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

my regret
    "why didnt i start it earlier"

6. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

started at 14-15 mid some time ago 2 years in regret that dont have a les paul

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

whats the big deal with age s of 15 n above?!even me started out in 9th grade.i have no regrets!i used to spend much time playing guitars than studying!and my loving parents had no offenses as well:p::nw:
    but i regret i shudnt have sold my strat and also for not learning many techiniques of playing guitar but fooling around!

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

I regret not being born with enough fast twitch fibres in my wrist.

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Similar Stuff ....
    Regret for not having long and thin fingers ..... Forget thin ... atleast long ones wud help ...

One more ... Not having cash to buy a guitar long back ... And not having a comp to refer to ....

10. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

I have this big bad habbit of wanting to learn some song, just randomly noodling around and there are too many things like this to mention. Finally I hardly do any justice to playing guitar. I picked it late but I definitely believe that if you have the interest, you can do anything. So not having focus is my biggest regret.

11. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

What i regret is myself..I don't have good voice..That's why i can't jam my guitar and sing as well...I am too shy to sing with my husky voice.. And i don't have knoledge about timing and things like that.. That's why I sux.. :eek::..My only regret is myself...!! But I am sure that I'll do better with time...! :)

Pe@Ce 0uT!!:cool:

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

@nik_bokacheley: Everybody does have some kind of voice, just depends which kind, If you got a low voice then youd most probably be good at growling, somewhere in the middle then black metal and screams are for you, if you got a soft voice then obviously youd be able to do the melodic vox. If none of these work, then this could: https://listen.to/intestinaldisgorge download one track and then go to the line up page. :p:

No human is useless when it comes to the voice.

13. nadish

nadish Active Member

No regrets for me coz I know I can do anything infact everything that I want... and I think that that wasn't too late when I started learning guitar, 7 months ago... :)

14. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

i have no regrets either.........

15. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

no regrets i mean i am only 14 years old and know quite a lot about guitars...:)

16. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

same applies to me

17. vishwa_81us

vishwa_81us Banned

NO REGRETS !!! :cool:

18. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

my biggest regret: i dont know any song completely coz of lack of persistence ...

i start up trying to play the notes (this happens especially for solos) ... and then i just lose the enthu ... and start improvising on some stupid stuff ...
    so i can play many songs with solos ... but i have to wait and think after playing for 10 sec or so ...
    really cannot play anysong ciompletely ...

second would be not startinf early ... coz that wouldve given me lotsa time ...

19. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

There's nothing wrong in that Ssslayer. Even Randy Rhoads never could play any of the other guitarist's solo completely. He always used to play his own. He claimed that his solo construction improved because of his inability to play other's solos.

Even I dont play a single solo as it's played by the artist. Everytime we play a song, I end up playing a different solo. My band is always confused as what solo I am gonna play and how long I am gonna play. I always tell them that I dont know and lets see what happens. Even for gigs, the same thing. Just spontaneous whatever happens there. I feel it's more fun than learning and playing. I do learn some parts of the solo but like improvising a lot.

20. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah ... it sure is a lotsa fun ... especially on the blues rhythms ...

but depends on your band members ... usually they want ya to play as close to the original as possible ...

but the second prob is greatest for me ... which is ... that i cannot play even the songs that i know continuous ... and taht kills me ... :(