Upgrading Processors

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by paperslut, Dec 11, 2006.

1. paperslut

paperslut New Member

@thehundrethone - the GNX is way out of budget. :(

@double click - brilliant advice, I think I'll use it. A lot of processors have a headphones output; can that be used as a good judge?

I've been doing some research and I think I'm gonna check out the AX1500 as well as the G2. Any suggestions in that range?

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

@guitarfreak_106: The cabinet and speakers are an important part of the sound. Micing the amp ensures that you have the colouring that your combo provides, and not just your amp. If the cab at the gig is same as your cab then you could probably use the line out.

@chintan9: But is making patches on stage really feasible seeing as most of the gigs here the band is pressed for time.

@Paperslut: Headphones again are not going to give you the sound you will hear on stage. Unfortunately only the gig amp+cab is going to tell you what you will sound like. So keep your patches modest so that you don't rip someone's eardrum on stage. Small adjustments I guess are possible onstage.
    About your processor question, the G2.1u is comparable to the 707II and the AX100G, whereas the AX1500G is comparable to the G7.1ut. Wait for laneymaney's review, it may help your decision.

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

the G7.1ut cannot be compared to the 1500G....i used a 1500G for 2 years...and honestly...id rather buy one distortion + a wah stomp instead....its nothing great.....whereas the G7 is really awesome...but hard to get used to....im gonna spend at least 4 hours learning the manual + another hour or so writing a megadeth patch this saturday....and holidays start on the 19th...so by 21st ill definately have a review...sorry guys for the delay...school shows are killing me ...

4. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

and sorry for the double post but at the price of a KORG AX1500G which is about 13k....

you could get :

Boss DS-1 or
    Digitech Death Metal - both around 3k

AND
    Crybaby wah wah - 6k

And
    a Digitech RP50
    for all your other effects...

that would be what i would do with that budget...

5. thehundredthone

So why did you buy the G7.1ut? :p:

6. yazi

yazi Banned

'cuz he likes to zoom in, if you know what I mean.

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

i bought the zoom cus i had sold a LOT of my stuff to get the money and i needed good effects....and im no van halen so i dont need a bunch of pedals...the processor is so convenient...and a processor is enough for me for the next 3-4 years....even if i had a chance to go back in time...id still buy the zoom for myself...

8. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

most guitarists use the 1st method. or they will stop selling expensive cabinets.

9. Chi

Chi B.D. Fisher

hmm, laneymaney endorses laney amps and zoom processors. :)

10. thehundredthone

Don't forget the ESP (LTD) guitars

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

^ YUP to the two posts...well i dont endorse them...i just use them and love them...i love them cus i research before i buy so ive never had a bad product ever......other than my Ibanez...but i still love the RG321 MHs ...oh and btw
    i endorse...
    Slammer
    Zoom
    Laney
    Digitech
    Dunlop
    Behringer

lol