Unkle says Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by unkle, Jul 2, 2011.

1. unkle

unkle New Member

Hi there guys, just came upon this site, as my name suggests i am almost past midlife crisis and thought its about time to get back to my long lost hobby....
    never considered myself a guitarist when i was young even tho i could shred like a maniac, now i am taking out my gear thats been collecting dust for the past 20 years and i am like fkn A! life aint that bad i still have some nice guitars,
    the only thing lacking is an amp.
    i hope to participate here and get some equipment advice from you folks as i have been out of the loop for so long.

so yeah say hi to Unkle :)

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Unkle,

We are only as old as we think we are, and passion has nothing to do with age :)

So welcome on board and I hope you'll learn a lot from participating here ...

Cheers,

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey unkle, for a while I thought your user ID was ukulele :p
    And I think musical taste matures with age.

Earlier you might have been a shredder just playing certain notes per minute.
    Now you will play music with your soul.

4. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

hello unkle g :)

5. unkle

unkle New Member

Hey Super thanks for the welcome tho i must have to disagree with you about "passions got nothing to do with age"
    i think passion is directly related to our testosterone production and believe me with age one mellows down and be become passionate about mellower things! really try benching 280 lbs when you are 40!!!..i have given much thought lately about things like stamp collection and crotchet

Alpha right on man, my intitial experience with a guitar was being locked up in a room for like 2 years with just one thin lil book on runs, unkle was only 19 and was trying to figure out the relationships between scales and what not on his own, he did suffer from adhd so there was lots of comfort to be found in just shredding away :)

Harmonizer..hey now! behave:p that G hurts ...if you are the son of the moon i could be the father 0f the dawn

Thanks guys!

6. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

buhuhuhahahahahaha :):):)

7. cease

cease New Member

Now you are ceased in our guitar zone. Welcome Unkle......!