Unique offer!! Please Read....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by blackmamba, May 10, 2005.

1. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Hi All,

I will be in Mumbai this June (from London) and am offering to bring along WHATEVER guitar you need. Obviously only 1!!! But let me know what you want....and we can work out details about payment etc.

Why am I making this offer? - Well, to be honest - I'd like to help out someone who wants to spend hard earned money on a great guitar but can't get much for it in India.

The catch - None!! I do not intend making money on this...am already loaded!! Also, am a great guy - that's why!!!

So, need to know by this month end ! Besides this if anyone needs non-electronic stuff like picks/strings etc. let me know. If I have space will carry.

Conditions: The only condition is to pre-pay! No, it is not a scam - just that I do not want to buy a £1000 LP and be stuck with it 'cuz a pimple-faced me-too rocker boy was not authorized by his parents to make this purchase....so get real....

Selection Process: Tough one...can anyone suggest???

2. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

okay im not committing really but i might consider ur offer. but buddy first i need to know abt the price diff. between uk and india. again i have much to ask but lets not rush it.

3. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@blackmamba...i have sent you a pm. please read it.

4. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

sorry blackmamba i cant buy ur LP since i need a floyd rose.but this offer of urs is appealing.but i wanna know wheher the prices quoted at the websites musiciansfriend.com etc r applicable to london too or there is a considerable diff.

5. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

rust: Would you consider guitars from eBay? They will be half the retail prices and very good condition!! That may be a better idea than buying retail as UK is a little bit more expensive than the US!!

Fictional: Got your PM. Have replied!

Nemo: Let me know

Guys: How the hell do I decide who to get the guitar for...lol!!!! Suggest a method (should be fun too) to select the person...how about you guys offer me something (non monetary and definitely nothing se*ual) fun....and I will choose...what say?

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

fr wants a guitar- im guessing uve already spoken to him.....

i need strings and plectrums... for some reason the regualr slinkies are not availablee at furtadoes - they never have it in stock....

also id really like a 12 pack of tortex picks - the smaller ones - not the ones u get here in india...

if u know of any good wesite that i can pay online at other than ebay and deliver to ur place....pls. let me know - ebay ripped me off once by charging me a listing fee after saying that they wouldnt... i refuse to pay them.. so i cant use ebay....

thanks.

u seem to be a decentfellow who wont rip any of us of... im quite sure of that...

7. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

oh ya- u can get me my stuff regardless of who u get the guitar for!

haha

8. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

i want Nikki Nova.

oh you said guitar...nah im good.

9. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Nikki Nova it is!! hehehe

Death Dr: What I meant was, I could buy over eBay (personally) and then get them for you and you can pay me in Mumbai...let me go hunting on eBay for the best deal. As far as buying retail, UK is expensive and sometimes stuff in India is better. How much do you pay for Slinkys in Mumbai if you don't mind - will help me understand if it costs the same or lesser...let me know...

I think a better 9and faster) way of discussing this is over chat :

Yahoo: xperiate
    MSN: vishal@talrejas.com

10. Mr. Scary

^ woah, i noticed your nick....this is off topic...but how much did you get your JEM for?

11. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Scary - bought in June of 1996 for $900 from a store closing down in Atlanta! A steal eh?

12. Mr. Scary

Damn right its a steal. Thats something like how my cousin got an ESP M-1000 for $800 during a clearance sale....when does that happen?

13. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

well there are sales in summer, then winter, then christmas etc.....some online stores have scratch and dent specials as well...a light scratch here and there or a customer return - can go as low as 50% off the MSRP....gotta look out...and then of course there is eBay and Craigslist.....so....

14. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Regretfully - I have to withdraw this offer for the time being as my trip to India has been postponed - project changes. I will confirm my next date and make an offer to bring something again. So, all you guys...as Kurt would say...'All Apologies' :)

cheers!

15. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

were u really serious or wanted to have some fun??

16. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@blackmamba....am adding you in yahoo. shouldn't be ur id be vishal@hotmail.com ?? :think:

17. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Think what you wish RIP. Anyway - I have been delayed by 1 more month 'cuz of work. July-end is my tentative date. If that's the attitude, then I'm not interested. Just goes to show - if you try to do some good - you get egg on your face. Fedup!

18. shak

shak Harrr!

blackmamba: .. tell me about your pandora px4 .. i am thinking of getting one .(125 GBP on sale) .. this would be my first digital proc. .... is it good?

19. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Shahrukh - frankly speaking PX4 is not bad if all you do is play over headphones which I do....I don't use amps anymore cuz I have a lil one at home who does not appreciate the loud noise too much!! Check ebay - you may get a used one for between £60-80!! Good luck! The effects are good quality...infact studio quality. Amp simulators are excellent! I don't use the distortion too much so can't comment much but it does have a punchy tone. You can even connect a jam-along disc....which I do...since my lil one is too young to play the drums yet!! lol!

20. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

MSN: [SNIP] (why should it be hotmail only - MSN passport can be anything man!!)

Yahoo: xperiate