Understand scale progress

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by kaushalpandya, Oct 4, 2011.

1. kaushalpandya

kaushalpandya New Member

Dear Expert,
    Pl guide me to move along with fretboard & scale .I know casio playing where movemnt is either forward or backward direction only .but in guitar fretboard after playing 1 or 2 lines i get confuse where to play next fret

2. raga2303

raga2303 Member

see if it helps.. btw, if you search guitar notes on google, this is the first bitmap you will find..
    I presume that you know the notes on a scale because you are already playing it on a keyboard..

Attached Files:

3. kaushalpandya

kaushalpandya New Member

Thnx for image but in guitar scale found in multiple string in both back & forward direction .I have to remember scale direction or notes location ?

4. raga2303

raga2303 Member

yes and no.. u will have to practice 2-3 basic scales.. try to choose notes such that it fits into any 4 frets or max 5... remeber these positions.. if you have to change the scale just shift the starting point to your left or right accordingly.. and u will get the scale..
    for e.g. if you know how to play c major scale and u have to play D.. simply shoft every thing 2 frets on your right..

5. kaushalpandya

kaushalpandya New Member

Thnkx for reply. I m able to play song notes slowly .Pl help me more about chords . how to connect chords with song lyrics .