Types of Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by acoustic_ear, May 29, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Givson .. Hobner .. Signature ..which is better? .... NOT AGAIN!!

Your mentor is kinda right .. any of the above is good if u're just starting ..

Also depends on yo budget .. If you could spend around Rs. 5500 .. Go for the Granada Round hole Cut guitar.. Its cool for its price !

2. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

depends on what ur budget is
    wotever u do take an experienced guitarist along with u when u go to buy it
    however i feel that price isn't too good an indication about the quality of the guitar
    i've got a true-tone (braganza product) jumbo accoustic for 2000 bucks and it sounds 10 times better than the hobner f-cut my friend (and mentor) got for 2700
    if u can't get ne1 2 go with u while buying just ask the dealer to tune the guitars and ask him to slowly play the strings from the fattest to the thinnest (couldn't get ne other term 4 u) and listen to the sound carefully.
    its usually love a first sight (or hearing). at least it was so for me.
    but now that u r married u shud kno btr:p:

3. acoustic_ear

acoustic_ear New Member

I know the choice-of-guitar-brand issue has been raised just too many times on this forum. But it so happens that when a chap wants to buy his first guitar, he asks the question, irrespective of the history, hopeful for any kinda aid ...
    thanks a lot guys .. will update you when i buy my baby.

4. bsharp

bsharp New Member

If (your choice == Hobner)
    {
    go for a Jumbo one.. I use a f-cut A4 size hobner..its fairly good ..but the jumbo round hole is damn good...
    }
    else
    {
    go for Givson or Signature
    }

5. acoustic_ear

acoustic_ear New Member

My mentor just bought a signature and it sounded great , but I checked it up at a couple -o - stores. Not many stock em apparently.

My first preference was a Hobner, but I wasnt thinking about a jumbo. Will surely try that out.

Good advice and nice code too . thanks :)

6. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

My first teacher had a Black Hobner jumbo for 3500/- and it sounds great.

7. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

jumbos always sound better they have a much fuller sound more bass actually
    @accoustic:jumbo guitars have a larger body than the ordinary accoustic but they are difficult to handle for a beginner
    for pics check out https://h1.ripway.com/prit/my_images.htm

8. acoustic_ear

acoustic_ear New Member

Pilot Run

Went to two shops in Pune yesterday. Wanted to get a feel of things... did not want to buy one outright. However to my dismay, did not find a single Hobner in either. Found a couple of Givson jumbos,regulars and Hobmer jumbos. Did not feel too heavy on the hands olryt. Sounded good too.

Will search for a Hobner, though most shopkeepers keep saying that it is out of production, the company has halted manufacturing for the past 4 months and all other crap. Got one more shop to check out. Will keep you guys posted.

9. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Beware .. Hobners are still available .. those shopkeepers are a$$holes .. Recently i went to buy a slim Givson at Awaaz(clover centre) n that $hitfreak gave me some "GRASON" .. I asked him whats this ? He said Givson has changed the name to Grason ..
    I was like lets play n check .. Twas a Bull$hit guitar .. My doubt was confirmed when i saw a "YEmaha" on his rack ..

These are just tricks to fool people ..

$hitfreaks .. :annoyed:

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

OMG
    :shock:

They have fake duplicates for Givsons and Hobners too.
    What is the world comeing to?

11. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

@disturbed Lol at the Reason for edit :p .. I immediately realised n was gonna edit it .. thanx though :)

PS - I'm not a typing professional ;)

12. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

as a matter of fact i've seen quite a number of yemahas in a variety of stores

13. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Because they are made here.

14. acoustic_ear

acoustic_ear New Member

Black Givson Acoustic Venus Special

I Finally got my guitar. Its a Givson - Venus Special. Black in color.
    I wanted, as i had said earlier to buy a Givson Jumbo, but everytime my wife tried playing it, it looked more like she was trying to wrestle with it than play it.
    So I initially went and bought a Givson G.150 standard.(https://www.givson.com/products2.htm#products). But my teacher told me that it was just good enuf for beginners and that it had less frets so playing lead wasnt going to be easy on it. So i got it exchanged with this one. It sounds good.

Thanks guys ... and thus ITG saves the day of another hapless nube :)

PS: Check attached pic

Attached Files:

15. acoustic_ear

acoustic_ear New Member

Damn after all that help i thought I would get atleast some comment on my buy .....

16. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

hey chill man
    give a link of ur guitar

17. acoustic_ear

acoustic_ear New Member

Link ?? I have attached the picture in the earlier post - Black Givson Acoustic Venus Special