Two more features: Auto Thread Subscription and Instant Email on receipt of PMs

Discussion in 'IGT Official Announcements' started by Super-Admin, May 23, 2011.

1. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Two more new features introduced to keep a track of what's happening on IGT:

1> Automatic Thread Subscription Mode - Instant Email Notification

The moment you start a thread, you'll be subscribed to your thread. When ever any one answers / responds to your thread, you'll get an instant email notification. This way, you can keep track of your requests or submissions.

If it's not a thread you started, you still need to manually subscribe to the post, which can be done while responding / replying to any particular thread.

2> Send Notification Email when a Private Message is Received

Whenever any other member sends you a Private Message, you'll get an instant email notification about the same. This ensures, you are aware of a PM that's landed in your account on IGT.

This was essential as we plan to enhance the PM facility. We've got suggestions to increase the size limit of PMs and to do this, we need to be able to prune old PMs (older than 'x' days) which are sitting idle in your inbox. Hence, it becomes imperative that you be aware of the PMs that reach your box.

Both these options can be turned off from your UserCP. However, we recommend that you do not change the settings as these features will definitely make your life a lot easier :)

Suggestions / Issues ? Shoot 'em :)

Cheers,

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Dude check one more thing.. The look of the website should be independent of the browser being used. I find it different on chrome(Slightly though nothing significant).. i was using Mozilla firefox in the morning... I mean when you test certain feature check it on multiple browsers...

3. avin7000

avin7000 New Member

whoa we have moved to new vB version ! I am loving it :D

4. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Rickky - I kinda know what features you are talking about. It's been tested on different browsers, unfortunately with the browser war ON it's really difficult to satisfy all. They all beg to be different and in the process they are a pain to developers !

The difference will be only w.r.t rendering and few CSS add-ins. There's nothing much we can do, probably we can, but certainly not worth the time spent, so guess we'll leave it here. Sorry :).

@Avin - You are right, we are running the latest version... older versions are always susceptible to vulnerabilities .. Cheers.

5. hanifkhan

hanifkhan New Member

Whenever any other member sends you a Private Message, you'll get an instant email notification about the same. This ensures, you are aware of a PM that's landed in your account on IGT.

This was essential as we plan to enhance the PM facility. We've got suggestions to increase the size limit of PMs and to do this, we need to be able to prune old PMs (older than 'x' days) which are sitting idle in your inbox. Hence, it becomes imperative that you be aware of the PMs that reach your box.

Both these options can be turned off from your UserCP. However, we recommend that you do not change the settings as these features will definitely make your life a lot easier