Two harddisk slave does not display upon rebooting

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by Priyank_Jal_fan, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Priyank_Jal_fan

Priyank_Jal_fan ..:[Snip]:..

I HAVE TWO HARD DISK............

one is master and other slave but on restarting computer ,, sometimes,, the slave hard disk is not displayed in "my computer"

so i have to restart and go to bios to reconfigure and search for slave disk manually.
    but then my Windows xp takes stagerring 17 mins to boot ...

also there is a problem with the hard disk that is slave .... when i try to make it master it takes 27 min to boot....... and every time at booting there is a msg displayed saying ..."your boot sector needs to be modified. press y to continue or n to abort"

what is the problem ????

2. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

the hard disk is out bro.does it make an irritating noise ?if so u'll hav to buy a new one.

3. Priyank_Jal_fan

^^yes It Does Beeps Continously And Sound Irritating.... Are U Sure.... I Bought It Recently ... 80 Gb Capacity

4. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

^^^ yep its true using salve n master hard discs r not that convenient

with some more $ instead of buying the slave one u coud have bought a new larger(in storing capacity)....

5. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

yeah spygame's rite.u better buy a larger capacity hdd and keep de-fragmenting ur drives often,avoid carrying ur hdd around.

6. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I never thot of using master and slave HD.. I have a 20gb HD. And, hoping to buy a better HD after I start earning..:eek:: ( No laughing )

nIK!:eek::

7. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

Your one of harddisk needs a low-level format or zero fill.. Take it to your nearest service center..
    If its new..claim for replacement...

Also..while attaching two harddisks.. put one as Primary MASTER and other one as Secondary MASTER.. with Jumpers properly setup at the back of the HDD...(This is would avoid the failure of detection by BIOS)

And finally.. regular de-framentation is recommended.... Another general rule is..dont just keep dumping data on your HDD...instead, make backups at regular interval on CD's or DVD's...

Do run Check-Disk Utility every week...for all partitions...

REgards,
    Zooom..!!

8. Priyank_Jal_fan

Thanks..... But I Already Tried All This But No Sucess

Everytime I Hav To Delect The Slave Drive Manually From Bios And Then Reeboot... Otherwise It Wont Be Detected...
    Also After Selecting And Reebooting It Takes About 25 Min For Windows To Start

9. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

,an why do wanna keep a slave a master buy a new hdd once for all.

10. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@zoom

setting one as primary master and one as secondary master means you have to attach them to different IDE cables. rite?

11. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

^^^ Yup...