twisted guitar neck -- Help Needed

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by cosmo kramer, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jhon_gopal

jhon_gopal New Member

if ur price range is upto 5k then go for a warmoth...its for 157 $.....might include free shiping....getting ur guitar repaired will be useless..he might charge u more than a new neck(bolt on)

2. jhon_gopal

jhon_gopal New Member

@theghost....it depends on the typ of wood of the neck and truss rod capacity..to hold up heavy strings or high tuning....which guitar do u hav???...depends on tht

3. flood

flood New Member

what kind of tuning are you aiming for?

basically, your squier will take 12s, but you will possibly have to make truss rod adjustments. i don't know whether squier are procuring better quality materials since 2000, but my affinity series strat did not like change very much.

i used the 13s for a while and then went back to 10s because i was terrified of the idea of carpal tunnel syndrome. i'm not jimi.

i wouldn't waste a warmoth neck on a squier affinity.

if you want to drop tune big time (lower than Db) then i would strongly suggest getting a baritone neck, or using the heaviest strings possible. the scale is useless for downtuned stuff, you should ideally be looking at 27.5" or so. i did tune to B, but i used the heaviest guage strings i had around - it was a 7 string set, i dumped the high e and used the others....