TV Tuner Software

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by dennis, Oct 25, 2005.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Yo, wassup!!!
    I have this piece of crap software Inter Video Home theater, it detects 350 channels(most of em are crap), has no option for a manual scan(cuz i dont want all teh channels) and i can set the channels to whatever number i want to.
    So??..anybody know of any other softwa

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Try Pinnacle PCTV Vision software its great, it has manual scan too.

3. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

yaar...thye softwares a bloddy 700 mb installation, i cant dload that. Anything lighter??

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  4. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

OK I was in the same situation as you were few months back. Assuming that you are running winduhs ... the best TV tuner software is K!TV. Its an opensource project. Has an .exe installer and works like a charm :)
    And the best part is - u name any TV tuner hardware - K!TV supports it. The gui and the controls are really very light and very very quick. You can record video, watch multiple channels (as many as you wish) on the same screen and lots more (if u additionally download plugins)
    The installer is just 4.11mb :) Follow the link:-
    https://www.kastortv.org/index.php?page=download&langue=eng

5. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

well i downloaded that software... and i used it to search here in the UK for channels... using following setting...

Video Standard - PAL-I

Freq. Format - Antenna/Cable

Source - Video Tuner

i did cable first and it found 2 channels...then antenna found 1
    but the quality is reaaallllyyyyy bad.... so any help... wat should the settings be?..... cauz i only found THREE channels!!

any help?

6. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Download just the Pinnacle PCTV Vision software not the Pinnacle Suite.

7. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

was that reply to my msg neo?

8. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

Hey @rockin , here is what I can suggest to diagnose the problem with K!TV scanning 3 channels (wid reeeeallly bad reception):-

1. Initially I had also found that 2-3 channels were scanned and the reception was very bad. But it turned out that the cable was not connected well at the other end !!! Have u tried any other s/w or with a TV to make sure that the cable is ok??
    2. Are you sure the source is showing ur TV tuner card ?
    Eg : as in the link: https://www.kastortv.org/help/index.php?page=source&langue=eng
    If it does not show, explicitly set from:
    Menu > Setup > Capture Source
    3. While installation, it gives u the option to install with remote control /without. No logic but I think it works fine with the remote control option selected (even if u dont have the h/w or use it). If u did not select remote control uninstall and install with remote option! :)

hope that helps!

9. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

i had this software called TV TAP looong back it had about 120 channels!

10. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Nope, was directed at Denis.

11. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

ok..... hey i got these channels without connecting to a TV:)... was i meant to?

12. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

^No u ver not meant to

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  13. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

so wat was i meant to do?... i installed the software and just searched for channels.....

14. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

hey i tried the ktv, it was nice..but, how do i record with this thing.
    again, thnx for the replies

15. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

whats ktv? if im not mistaken isnt it the south indian channel?

16. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

lolz .... @rockin maybe it iz ... but dennis ought to have written *k!tv* - which is a software for tv tuner card.

17. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

@dennis: hey i tried the ktv, it was nice..but, how do i record with this thing.
    again, thnx for the replies

Hey Im Glad to be of help!
    To record I cant give u the exact steps now (im on Linux) but just right click on the screen -> and click on zoom out -- here you'll get the option to start recording and stop. Thats it.