tuning problems!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by axeflys, Nov 19, 2005.

1. axeflys

axeflys New Member

hi,
    im new to this place.. never posted before.

well i have a hobner acoustic.
    this thing's not able to stay in tuned for more than 5 mins. gets detuned very quickly. cant figure out what's wrong.. can anybody help me??

2. meswapnil

meswapnil New Member

hi,

can any one pass me the Bryan Admas' "Really really loved a women" chords.
    u can e amil me dat on [SNIP] aslo.

thankx in advance.

neel.

3. shak

shak Harrr!

*are the strings new? cuz new strings take time to adjust .. keep tuning them and they should be fine ..
    *tune low-e first ..then a,d,g,b,e etc.
    * check that your tuning machines arent rusted or slipping ..
    * check the bridge .. it shouldnt be lose

4. axeflys

axeflys New Member

thanx dude,

i always did the opposite. tuned the high E and then the others. bridge is tight, tuning keys are not rusted. can u tell me some software or device such as pitchpipe( within USD 20) so that i can tune properly.

5. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Just search on Google for a tuner and you'll find one that is free. Or buy an electronic tuner. They're not expensive.

6. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

www.guitar.sk .................. Check out this site .. u'll get a free guitar tuner software.. it's nice :) but lemme tell u DON'T get used to it .. train ur ear to da sound of strings !! Enuff said ;)

7. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

@axeflys....i addition to shahrukh's points...one more point.....check tht ur strings are properly wrapped around the bolts on the head of ur guitar...n see if they slipp thorugh the bolt or not...coz if they slip...then as soon as u tune ur guitar....the strings start loosening again....

8. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

u can also go to download.com
    and get a tuner from there..