Tuning Of Guitar In Less Than A Minute (complete)

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Mohsin shahid, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

YAAR ITS VERY EASY IF YOUR BASS E STRING IS TUNED OR ANY OTHER STRING U CAN TUNE YOUR GUITAR

IF YOUR BASS E STRING IS TUNED (IF TUNED THEN ULL GETT THE STANDARD FREQUENCY IF NOT THEN IT LL NOT EFFECT THAT MUCH FOR EXAMPLE IF YOUR E BASS STRING IS TUNED TO LOWER A FRQUENCY THEN THE REST OF THE STRINGS WILL ALSO GONNA HAVE LOW FREQ BUT YOUR GUITAL WILL GONNA BE TUNED )

1.tHEN STRUM 5 FRET OF BASS E STRING AND( A) STRING AS OPEN AT THE SAME TIME IF THE STRING (A) DOES NOT SOUND AS E BASS STRING THEN FIGURE IT OUT BY YOURSELF THAT WHETHER U NEED TO TUNE HIGH OR LOW AND MAKE BOTH STRINGS SOUNDS THE SAME .

2.NOW YOUR TWO STRINGS ARE TUNE NOW WITH THE HELP OF STRING (A) TUNE STRING (d) AGAIN STRUM 5TH FRET OF STRING (A) WHILE STRUM STRING (d) AS OPEN AT THE SAME TIME MAKE BOTH STRINGS SOUNDS THE SAME

SAME THING

3.SAME PROCESS WITH THE OTHER STRING

4.NOW HERE WE VE GOT SOME CHANGES
    NOW PLAY STRING(G) FROM THE FOURTH FRET AND STRUM STRING (B) AS OPEN UNTIL U GET THE SAME VOICE

5-NOW STRUM STRIG (B) FROM 5TH FRET AT THE SAME TIME STRUM STRING (E) AS OPEN AND STRUM IT TILL U GET THE SAME SOUND

THE SAME THING U CAN DO WITH OTHERS STRINGS LIKE IF U VE GOT
    D TUNED OR ANY OTHER THING FIGURE IT OUT BY YOUR SELF

YOUR GUITAR IS TUNED:d

WANT YOUR RESPONSE TOO

2. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

man u do not "STRUM" to check...u pluck the strings open like play them one by one...

3. khurram_adil

khurram_adil New Member

good buddy..some mistakes with words there.. like strum n voice...
    but i bet this will provide some good knowledge to the beginners

4. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

u shld post these type of thread in beginner's forum...it will help them a lot....!!

5. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

nice effort... @ J.J and S.Mohsin.. its not pluck nor strum..the correct word is 'pick'...
    just like when the plectrum is somtimes called a ''pick''

khair nice work anyways

6. Lahori_rocker

Lahori_rocker Guitar God left IGT

good effort will help to beginners

7. amitvashist

amitvashist New Member

Hey it is the nice way you explained. well I always try to remember this as a magical number 55545.

fifth fret of topmost string should sound in harmony with the immediate lower one. and same for the rest strings.

well thanks for the initiative and information.

8. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

your welcome amit thanks for reading this post

9. nadish

nadish Active Member

Well Yarr Mohsin, I red this method of tuning some where esle too, and tried this method for lots of time but remains unsuccessfull :( and can u believe that I tuned my guitar for the first time after 8 months from my purchasing... but I tuned it with a software "Mini Tuner", that really easy to use and have many tuning options like Drop D, half step, full step and many others...

10. Mohsin shahid

Mohsin shahid New Member

Nadish u are rite that the softwares are good i have it too but i dont use that software actually i want to recognize the notes .ANd just imagine if u are playing in any concert so there u ll not gonna have a guitar tuner or thing like that
    Nadish read it again i am sure ull get it .
    actually this thing only work if u can recognize the notes
    try to do i again u ll gonna get it

11. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

anyway i used to do my guitar tuning using this method a year ago...but now i use a software for acoustic guitar tuning cuz this method is good but NOT perfect...

12. anishjain

anishjain New Member

hey thanx all u guys ...i now have the guitar for more than 3 months and im playing it for more than 2 months and i no yhis method but as some1 said its not that easy ......but i am not loosin hope ...maybe in the process my ears will get better tuneed to the sounds ....so thanx u al, ...AJ

13. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

@mohsin

well i think if u are playing in a concert then you MUST have a tuner or a pitch pipe at least. because if you have no reference note how can you be suer that ur E string is tuned? ur guitar may be in tune with ITSELF ( this method is called the relative tuning) but not with other instrument if you are playin gin a group.

14. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

can you give me the links where to get any of these guitar tuning softwares?

15. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

The best thing is to buy an electronic tuner (they aren't expensive) since it will give you perfect tuning and will not also take any effort.